MSD 77303 MSD Power Grid System, Controller Only, Black
The Power Grid Ignition incorporates CAN-Bus technology which reduces the amount of wiring and simplifies the addition of accessory modules. The CAN-Bus is a common harness that accessory controls are connected to and easily brought into the programming library of the View Software. With this technology, racers can connect the Power Grid system directly into their Racepak Data Recorder and other Racepak products.
The Power Grid Controller is the brains behind the entire system and can be used with any MSD Ignition or the Pro Mag to provide advance ignition tuning capabilities. While it is compatible with all MSD boxes, the new Power Grid System Controller has been specially designed to mount to the Power Grid-7 box. Also, this new Ignition packs higher output than the current programmable units!
The Power Grid Controller is supplied with the View Software, wiring harness, micro-SD card and mounting hardware. The ignition, available separately, is supplied with the harness and mounting hardware.
NOTE: To use any modules with the Power Grid Ignition System, PN 7720 and 7730, users MUST plug the modules into a 4-Connector CAN-Bus Hub PN 7740 to be attached to the Power Grid System Controller.
This is the "brain" of the Power Grid System - designed for use with the 7720 ignition controller, but compatible with many of our other popular ignition boxes. Requires a Windows-based laptop for configuration. Now available in black!
- USB connection for ease of programming
- Timing based on engine rpm and gear value
- Advanced individual cylinder timing based on gear or time
- Five retard stages for nitrous
- Four steps of rpm limits for burnout, spool, launch and overrev
- Output switch set on rpm, pressure or time
- Shift light settings for each gear
- Ignition data acquisition accepts multiple runs
- Crank Trigger system highly recommended
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 7720 Power Grid System - Ignition Control Only
MSD 7730 - Power Grid System - Controller Only
MSD 7762 Boost Retard Control
MSD 7222 MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Control
MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
MSD 8823 Ignition Box Vibration Mounts
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
MSD 6560 MSD 6M-2L Marine Certified Ignition with Rev Limit
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!