MSD 6632 6 HVC CDI Ignition Box with Soft Touch Rev Contol
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.
The MSD 6 HVC CD Ignition Box is designed for professional racing applications that demand high rpm for long periods of time. The CDI box comes ready to race in NASCAR competition. We strongly recommend that you use the HVC coil (not included) that is matched to this box, to utilize all the power it provides.
- Multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Clear epoxy potting compound for vibration protection
- Clear base plate for easy tech inspection
- 6-pin Weathertight connector, mandatory for NASCAR use
- Special 4-pin connector to plug directly into the MSD Soft Touch Rev Control 8738 or Soft Touch Engine Control 8968
- Multiple sparks for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation
- Accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
- 550 primary voltage output to coil
- 150 millijoules per spark up to 15,000 RPM
- Works on 12 - 18 volt electrical system
- Built-in reverse polarity protection circuit
- Must be used with HVC Coil PN 8250
- No programming loops
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts
547-6632 Instructions (PDF)
- Spark Energy: 150 mJ/spark
- Primary Voltage: 550 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 40,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-18 Volts, Negative Ground
- Current Draw: .7 Amp Per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 5.1 lbs.,8"L x 4"W x 2.25"H
- Turns ratio: 100:1
- Primary resistance: .07 OHMs
- Secondary resistance: 360 OHMs
- Inductance: 3mH
- Maximum voltage: 34,000 Volts
- Peak current: 600 mA
- Spark duration: 200 uS
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI Ignition
MSD 62153 MSD DIS-4 Plus High Output
MSD 6631 MSD 6 HVC, Professional Race - Rev Control Deutsch Connectors
MSD 7730 - Power Grid System - Controller Only
MSD 7805 MSD 8-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 8970 Three Stage Retard Control
MSD 8975 Digital Multi-Retard
MSD 8987 Start and Step Timing Control
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
Are you a collector of automotive signs? This is a DIY project where you will learn how to convert a hardwired sign to a plug in. Jess M. explains each step to get the job done!