MSD 6632 6 HVC CDI Ignition Box with Soft Touch Rev Contol
Universal Fit, Capacitive Discharge Ignition Box Output, Rev Limiter Included, Analog Circuitry
- Features multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Has a clear epoxy potting compound for vibration protection
- Comes with a clear base plate for easy tech inspection
- The special 4-pin connector to plug directly into the MSD Soft Touch Rev Control 8738 or Soft Touch Engine Control 8968
- It accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
The MSD 6 HVC CD Ignition Box is designed for professional racing applications that demand high rpm for long periods of time. The CDI box comes ready to race in NASCAR competition. We strongly recommend that you use the HVC coil (not included) that is matched to this box, to utilize all the power it provides.
- Multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Clear epoxy potting compound for vibration protection
- Clear base plate for easy tech inspection
- 6-pin Weathertight connector, mandatory for NASCAR use
- Special 4-pin connector to plug directly into the MSD Soft Touch Rev Control 8738 or Soft Touch Engine Control 8968
- Multiple sparks for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation
- Accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
- 550 primary voltage output to coil
- 150 millijoules per spark up to 15,000 RPM
- Works on 12 - 18 volt electrical system
- Built-in reverse polarity protection circuit
- Must be used with HVC Coil PN 8250
- No programming loops
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts
- Spark Energy: 150 mJ/spark
- Primary Voltage: 550 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 40,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-18 Volts, Negative Ground
- Current Draw: .7 Amp Per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 5.1 lbs.,8"L x 4"W x 2.25"H
- Turns ratio: 100:1
- Primary resistance: .07 OHMs
- Secondary resistance: 360 OHMs
- Inductance: 3mH
- Maximum voltage: 34,000 Volts
- Peak current: 600 mA
- Spark duration: 200 uS
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
547-6632 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 7222 MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Control
MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 6560 MSD 6M-2L Marine Certified Ignition with Rev Limit
MSD 6631 MSD 6 HVC, Professional Race - Rev Control Deutsch Connectors
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI Ignition
MSD 64253 Digital Ignition Control w/ Rev Control, 6AL, Black
MSD 64213 6AL-2 Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.