MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
Universal Fit, Capacitive Discharge Ignition Box Output, Rev Limiter Included, Red
- Has a programmable 3-Step Rev Limiter (100 RPM increments)
- Features a plot a boost timing map with 0.1° per psi accuracy
- The advanced features allow for use in street and racing applications
- It is PC Programmable with easy-to-use Windows based Pro-Data +Software
- Includes Capacitive Discharge technology for fast rise time and maximum spark energy
MSD is bringing their pro stock ignition technology to the street with their new Programmable 6AL-2! Since every NHRA Pro Stock car uses a Programmable Digital-7 Ignition Control, it was only a matter of time until MSD brought that technology to the street - and the time is now!
The Programmable 6AL-2 lets you lock out the distributor and program a timing curve via a PC. You’ll also be able to set a 2-Step Rev Limiter, a retard for use with nitrous and even a boost timing curve for forced induction engines!
The Programmable 6AL-2 shares the same advanced features of the new 6AL-2 with 535 primary volts and spark energy reaching 135 mJ! Vibration mounts, wiring and a PC cable are supplied. Must use MSD Pro-Data+ Software to program.
- Advanced features allow for use in street and racing applications
- PC Programmable with easy-to-use Windows based Pro-Data +Software
- Plot a boost timing map with 0.1° per psi accuracy
- Programmable 3-Step Rev Limiter (100 RPM increments)
- Step retard for nitrous applications plus a boost timing map
- Capacitive Discharge technology for fast rise time and maximum spark energy
547-6530 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI Ignition
MSD 64253 Digital Ignition Control w/ Rev Control, 6AL, Black
MSD 64213 6AL-2 Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
MSD 6425 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!