MSD 6427 Ignition Control, 6CT
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.
Superior design makes it the most advanced ignition to ever hit a circle track. Packed with legendary MSD Ignition power, the 6CT offers a slew of features. A large digital LED display makes it easier than ever to see the rev limiter setting when dialing it in using the laser etched rotary dials on the face of the unit.
Rev limiting is controlled via microprocessor making it so smooth the chassis is virtually undisturbed when charging into turns. The rotary dials are also used to set cylinder select for 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines, and to adjust the built-in start retard providing options of 0?, 10? or 20? of timing retard for quick starts. As an added bonus the LED display can be used as a live tach or will display your racecars battery voltage.
The unit records the highest RPM your engine turned during the race which can be easily recalled on the LED display as well. The 6CT offers all this and more in a fully potted, tamper proof housing that utilizes a single connector to keep wiring tidy.
- Large, easy to read LED display
- Simple setup of features such as the rev limiter with three rotary dials on the face of the unit
- Built-in Start Retard adjustable in 0?, 10? or 20? increments for quick, easy starts and extend starter life
- LED displays rev limit, highest RMP turned, cylinder select, start retard, battery voltage and can be set to tach mode
- Full delivery of spark energy down to 6 volts battery supply
- Highly efficient, low current draw for extended battery life
- Fully potted housing to stand up to demanding race conditions
- Single plug-in connector for clean wiring
- Tamper proof screws to prevent modification of unit
- Records highest RPM the engine turned for last 20 minutes of run time
- Works on 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines
- Reverse polarity and overheat protection provide ultimate reliability
More Like This
MSD 6428 6CT Pro Ignition Control Box, Circle Track
MSD 60143 LS Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6014 LS Ignition Control, Red
MSD 7222 MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Control
MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 7720 Power Grid System - Ignition Control Only
MSD 8762 Boost Timing Master for use with MSD Ignition Control
MSD 72223 MSD Black 7AL-2 Ignition Control
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!