MSD 50901 DynaForce Starter Ford SB V8, 3/8 Inch Depth
Ford Small Block V8, Manual Transmission Type, Mini Starter Size, Powder Coated, Is Clockable
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Our new DynaForce Starter is designed to crank over the highest compression engines on a hot day in Death Valley. Not that too many race cars are sitting in Death Valley, but its good to know that you have the oomph to make it happen. The DynaForce Starter features all new components beginning with a three horsepower motor. This power is used to crank over the reduced 4.4:1 gear set to deliver great torque to the engines ring gear to get the engine turning. The armature is balanced during assembly and is guided by two ball bearings for smooth engagement and thousands of starts. The downsized housing clears most headers and oil pans, but just in case, we made the billet mount so it can be clocked in different positions to help in tight applications. The assembly is powder coated MSD red and will stay looking good, even though its underneath your car.
- Gear reduction of 4.4:1 improves torque for great cranking
- Three horsepower motor provides power for high compression engines
- Ball bearing supported armature and pinion gear
- Downsized design helps clearance issues with oil pans and exhaust
- Mount can be clocked to assist in mounting
When selecting a starter for your Ford, research has found that year, model and drivetrain combination do not always dictate the correct starter. There are variations between the 164 tooth and 157 tooth flywheels as well as the inside diameter of the starter block plate (4.130" or 4.084"). MSD offers two starters for the 289/302 and 351W engines; one with a 3/8" depth ring gear and one with a 3/4" depth.
More Like This
MSD 5090 DynaForce Small Block Ford Starter, 289-351W, A/T
MSD 50902 Ford High Speed DynaForce Starter 289, 302, 351W
Pertronix S3003B Contour Starter 1963-87 Ford Small Block, 3/4 Speed
Pertronix S3004B Contour Starter 1963-01 Ford Small Block, Auto/5 Spd
Speedway Small Block Ford Mini Starter, 1.4 kW, A/T
Tuff Stuff Super-Mini Ford 289-351W Starter - Auto Trans
Powermaster 9103 PowerMax Starter, Small Block Ford, 157 Tooth
Powermaster 9603 Small Block Ford Gear Reduction Starter, A/T
Proform 66271 Small Block Ford Mini Starter, 1.4 kW, M/T
Pertronix S3004P Contour Starter 1963-01 Ford Small Block, Auto/5 Spd
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!