Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Plain Stainless Steel
Universal Fit, Universal Mount Type, Straight Column Type, Floor Shifter Location, Natural
- This Nostalgia steering column offers art deco styling without the need for an unsightly clamp on turn signal switch
- Integrated GM style turn signal switch with features a self-canceling mechanism and brings modern convenience to your hot rod
- GM column wiring plug works perfectly with many of the universal wiring harnesses that we offer utilizing the same column plug
- Paintable stainless steel finish allows you to paint match to your interior
- Accepts 69-94 GM steering wheels or steering wheel adapters
Our original Hot Rod Steering Column has been a huge success, but many rodders said they wanted one with a turn signal.
The Nostalgia Columns offer a similar vintage look but have modern GM-style turn signal, hazard light and horn functions built into the attractive bell-shaped upper housings.
Perfect for a wide variety of 1920's through 1950's era rods, as well as Cobras and other kit cars.
The columns measure 30" long and have 3/4"-36 spline lower shafts. They're available with paintable stainless steel housings.
- 30" long
- Beautiful Art-Deco styling
- Paintable Stainless steel
- Turn signal, hazard light and horn functions
Note: This column will not work with Speedway 9 bolt steering wheel adapters. This column will work Grant adapter 410-3196.
- Overall length from end of lower splined shaft to upper end of housing around turn signal assembly is 30"
- This shaft extends past housing approximately 1-5/8"
- End of shaft for steering wheel or adapter is 11/16" x 36 spline
- Main housing is 1-3/4" O.D.
- Housing at top for turn signal is 4" in diameter and 2-5/16" tall or deep
- Wire loom exits main column is 5-1/8" below the turn signal housing
- Wire loom is approximately 23" long and has the GM style flat plug installed
- Wire loom has 8 wires for horn, turn signal and flashers
- Lower end of shaft is 3/4" x 36 spline
- M14x1.5 nut that uses a 22mm wrench to fasten the steering wheel
Comes with stainless turn signal lever and flasher button, horn wire pigtail and spring.
This is a 69-94 style GM turn signal switch and should use the same color coding as factory. The color chart is as follows: BLACK HORN GROUND, LT.BLUE LEFT FRONT TURN ,BLUE RIGHT FRONT TURN ,BROWN HAZARD POWER, PURPLE TURN SIGNAL POWER, YELLOW LEFT REAR TURN, GREEN RIGHT REAR TURN ,WHITE BRAKE LIGHT INPUT
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Polished Stainless Steel
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Columns
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Column, Custom Length
Speedway Stainless Steel Steering Columns
Nostalgia Steel Steering Column
Speedway Collapsible Steering Column, 22-1/2 - 32 Inch
Speedway Collapsible Steering Column, 32 - 42 Inch
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32In, Column Shift, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32 Inch Long, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30In, Column Shift, Plain
Q & A
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer question about the versatility of one of our steering columns and its potential uses.
Unsure what column would work best for your project? The three primary styles are explained here!
This article explains how to install a chrome column shifter into the steering column itself. We will help you determine the length of steering column needed along with all the parts required to get the job done.
If you're upgrading to an ididit tilt steering column, you'll need the dimensions of the column to make sure it fits. Click here for dimensional drawings of ididit's 4 different column designs.