Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Plain Stainless Steel
Universal Fit, Straight Column Type, Floor Shifter Location, Dash Key Location, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Our original Hot Rod Steering Column has been a huge success, but many rodders said they wanted one with a turn signal.
The Nostalgia Columns offer a similar vintage look but have modern GM-style turn signal, hazard light and horn functions built into the attractive bell-shaped upper housings.
Perfect for a wide variety of 1920's through 1950's era rods, as well as Cobras and other kit cars.
The columns measure 30" long and have 3/4"-36 spline lower shafts. They're available with paintable stainless steel housings.
- 30" long
- Beautiful Art-Deco styling
- Paintable Stainless steel
- Turn signal, hazard light and horn functions
Note: This column will not work with Speedway 9 bolt steering wheel adapters. This column will work Grant adapter 410-3196.
- Overall length from end of lower splined shaft to upper end of housing around turn signal assembly is 30"
- This shaft extends past housing approximately 1-5/8"
- End of shaft for steering wheel or adapter is 11/16" x 36 spline
- Main housing is 1-3/4" O.D.
- Housing at top for turn signal is 4" in diameter and 2-5/16" tall or deep
- Wire loom exits main column is 5-1/8" below the turn signal housing
- Wire loom is approximately 23" long and has the GM style flat plug installed
- Wire loom has 8 wires for horn, turn signal and flashers
- Lower end of shaft is 3/4" x 36 spline
- M14x1.5 nut that uses a 22mm wrench to fasten the steering wheel
Comes with stainless turn signal lever and flasher button, horn wire pigtail and spring.
This is a 69-94 style GM turn signal switch and should use the same color coding as factory. The color chart is as follows: BLACK HORN GROUND, LT.BLUE LEFT FRONT TURN ,BLUE RIGHT FRONT TURN ,BROWN HAZARD POWER, PURPLE TURN SIGNAL POWER, YELLOW LEFT REAR TURN, GREEN RIGHT REAR TURN ,WHITE BRAKE LIGHT INPUT
More Like This
Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Polished Stainless Steel
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Columns
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Column, Custom Length
Speedway Stainless Steel Steering Columns
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30 Inch Long, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 33 Inch Long, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 33In, Column Shift, Plain
Nostalgia Steel Steering Column
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32In, Column Shift, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32 Inch Long, Plain
Q & A
Pat talks about our house brand steering columns.
Steering column wiring does not need to terrify as many people as it does. it is actually very simple, all that is needed is time, patience, and tips like you will find if here!
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
This article explains how to install a chrome column shifter into the steering column itself. We will help you determine the length of steering column needed along with all the parts required to get the job done.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer question about the versatility of one of our steering columns and its potential uses.
Unsure what column would work best for your project? The three primary styles are explained here!
Tired of those nasty, sticky indicator levers on you GM steering column? Resurrect them with Speedway Motors' Column Dress-up Kit, reviewed here by one of our own employees!