Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Plain Stainless Steel
Our original Hot Rod Steering Column has been a huge success, but many rodders said they wanted one with a turn signal.
The Nostalgia Columns offer a similar vintage look but have modern GM-style turn signal, hazard light and horn functions built into the attractive bell-shaped upper housings.
Perfect for a wide variety of 1920's through 1950's era rods, as well as Cobras and other kit cars.
The columns measure 30" long and have 3/4"-36 spline lower shafts. They're available with paintable stainless steel housings.
- 30" long
- Beautiful Art-Deco styling
- Paintable Stainless steel
- Turn signal, hazard light and horn functions
Note: This column will not work with Speedway 9 bolt steering wheel adapters. This column will work Grant adapter 410-3196.
- Overall length from end of lower splined shaft to upper end of housing around turn signal assembly is 30"
- This shaft extends past housing approximately 1-5/8"
- End of shaft for steering wheel or adapter is 11/16" x 36 spline
- Main housing is 1-3/4" O.D.
- Housing at top for turn signal is 4" in diameter and 2-5/16" tall or deep
- Wire loom exits main column is 5-1/8" below the turn signal housing
- Wire loom is approximately 23" long and has the GM style flat plug installed
- Wire loom has 8 wires for horn, turn signal and flashers
- Lower end of shaft is 3/4" x 36 spline
- M14x1.5 nut that uses a 22mm wrench to fasten the steering wheel
Comes with stainless turn signal lever and flasher button, horn wire pigtail and spring.
More Like This
Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Polished Stainless Steel
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Columns
Ididit 1120650010 Plain Tilt Steering Column, 1960-66 GM Pickup
Ididit 1120657010 Plain Tilt Steering Column, 1967-72 GM Pickup
Ididit 1300646010 1969 Mustang Tilt Steering Column, Plain
Ididit 1300647010 1969 Mustang Tilt Steering Column for Rack & Pinion
Ididit 1120642010 1964-66 Mustang Tilt Steering Column, Plain
Ididit 1120646010 1962-66 Nova Tilt Steering Column, Plain
Ididit 1120640010 Plain Tilt Steering Column, 1964-65 Chevelle
Ididit 1300645010 1968 Mustang Tilt Steering Column for Rack & Pinion
Q & A
If you're going to buy a horn isn't it nice to know what it sounds like first? That's why Speedway produced a helpful video to hear the differences in the unique horns that we offer.
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
Installing a horn button may seem daunting, but this 10 minute video will show you just how easy it really can be!
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.