Hooker Headers 8501HKR LS Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
As featured on Classic Truck’s Week to Wicked. Watch the transformation here!
Hooker cast iron exhaust manifolds have been designed to hug close to the engine block so they fit into a wide variety of replacement and engine–swap applications. Their contoured design aims the exhaust directly at the exit port for improved flow. Being cast iron means they will provide years of leak–free performance with less under hood noise than traditional headers. Plus, their shorty design means you can route exhaust tubing close to your frame/floor pan for maximum ground clearance. “Hook” up your GM LS engine with Hooker cast iron Manifolds today!
- Intended for all GM LS (except LS7 and LS9) engine swap applications where durability, quiet operation, emissions compliance and leak-free sealing is desired.
- Recommended for strong performance on engines making up to 500 horsepower (For optimum high rpm performance see Hooker long tube engine swap headers)
- Tight tuck design provides universal fit for most popular chassis and a clean traditional muscle car appearance - ideal for GM E-Rod installations.
- Free-flowing for good performance and catalytic converter efficiency.
- Cast from Hi-Silicon-Moly Ductile Iron to provide durability and corrosion resistance.
- 2 bolt exit flange configuration matches 2010 Camaro (also the same as the E-rod exhaust manifolds) which can be used with OE gaskets and fasteners if desired, for an OE quality seal.
- 2.25-inch outlet diameter
- 304 stainless steel mating flanges included (mating flange fasteners are not included)
Mounted Manifold Specs (GIF)
Not compatible with starters that have a solenoid clocking other than vertical, such as on GTO applications. Although designed as a stock replacement, this product does not have a C.A.R.B. Executive Order Exemption and therefore may or may not be legal for any particular pollution controlled application. Check with your state or local governmental authority regarding approval for your application. Have been validated thus far for fitment on 1970-81 GM F-bodies, 82-88 GM G-bodies and 68-72 GM A-bodies.
More Like This
Hooker 8502-HKR Cast Iron Exhaust Manifold, 2-1/2 Inch
Tru-Ram® LS1 Exhaust Manifolds, Unpolished
Tru-Ram® LS Exhaust Manifolds, Polished
Corvette Style 2-1/2 Inch Ram Horn Exhaust Manifold
Tru-Ram Cast Iron Ford Y-Block V8 Exhaust Manifolds
Tru-Ram® Big Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds, Unpolished
Tru-Ram® Small Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds, Cast Iron
Tru-Ram® Small Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds, Unpolished Stainless
Smoothie Rams Horn Exhaust Manifolds, Small Block Chevy, Raw
D&R Classic Z00396 Big Block Exhaust Manifolds w/ Smog Holes, Pair
Q & A
Day 5 update of the Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks Week to Wicked classic Chevy project.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Day 3 morning update of the Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks Week to Wicked classic Chevy project.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.