Hooker 6901HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Ford Small Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Temporary Paint, Standard Flange Style
- These competition headers are specially designed to fit the 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury with a 260-351 Windsor engine
- They are tuned-length primary tubes for street performance
- Features mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Has long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- Includes 5/16 machined flanges with sealing rings for a perfect seal
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance.
- Tuned-length primary tubes for street performance
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Light weight & sturdy 16-gauge tubing
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- 5/16 machined flanges with sealing rings for a perfect seal
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- Designed for easy, trouble-free fit
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- Header works with C6 transmissions
- Power Steering bracket 10961HKR required for vehicles with power streering
- Works with power brakes, air conditioning, automatic and manual transmissions
NotesWill not fit Dart Windsor cylinder heads. The paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.