Hooker 6901-3HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Ford Small Block V8, Long Tube Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, 1-5/8" Primary Tube Diameter
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Header works with C6 transmissions
- Power Steering bracket 10961HKR required for vehicles with power streering
- Works with power brakes, air conditioning, automatic and manual transmissions
More Like This
Hooker 6901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1966-74 Ford/Mercury, SBF
Hooker 6901-2HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Hooker 6901-4HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Hooker 6901HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Patriot Exhaust H8403 1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, Plain Steel
Flowtech 32100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 12100FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 3 Inch Collector Size
Hooker 6116-1HKR Super Competition Headers, 1969-70 Ford/Mercury 351W
Hooker 6116HKR Super Competition Headers, 1969-1970 Ford/Mercury 351W
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.