Hooker 2220HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Chevy Big Block V8, Long Tube Header Tube Type, Painted, Round Port Flange Style, Mild Steel
With Hooker Super Competition the objective has always been to make the maximum horsepower and to put it at the optimum point in the power curve. It takes a lot of time and money to do the job right. We will sometimes spend up to 2 to 3 times more just to make the Super Competition header work only 5 to 10% better. That commitment to excellence has made Hooker Headers the winningest header manufacturer in automotive drag racing history.
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- Designed for optimal performance
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- Light weight & sturdy 18 gauge tubing
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Tuned-length primary tubes for maximum exhaust scavenging and velocity
Application1965 Chevy Chevelle
1965 Chevy Malibu
1966 Chevy Chevelle
1966 Chevy El Camino
1966 Chevy Malibu
1967 Chevy Chevelle
1967 Chevy El Camino
1967 Chevy Malibu
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 2451HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 70201311-RHKR BlackHeart LS Swap Mid,Length Header
Patriot Exhaust H8021-B Clipper Header, 64-94 GM
Doug's Headers D322-B Full Length Header, 2 In, 64-67 Chevelle, Black
Patriot Exhaust H8047-B Full Length Header, 64-89 Chevy Chevy, Black
Hedman Hedders 68663 Mid-Length Header, 1-3/4,64-67,BBC,396-502
1965-89 Small Block Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Chrome
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.