Hooker 1901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance. Hooker Competition headers have a standard finish that features a heat-cured, high-heat-resistant paint. Optionally, the famous Hooker Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating is available.
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Light weight & sturdy 16 gauge tubing
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- designed for easy, trouble-free fit
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- Tuned-length primary tubes for street performance
- Works with factory power steering and power brakes
More Like This
Hooker 7901-3HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901-4HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 9401-1HKR Competition Fenderwell Headers, 1972-80 Jeep, 290-401
Hooker 2130-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2130-4HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic
Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 4901-3HKR Competition Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 4902-3HKR Competition Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5901-3HKR Competition Full Length Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 5901-4HKR Competition Full Length Header, Titanium Ceramic
Q & A
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.