GM 10 & 12 Bolt Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit
GM 8.2" 10-Bolt BOP, GM 8.2" 10-Bolt Chevy 64-72, GM 8.5" 10-Bolt, GM 8.875" 12-Bolt Car
- If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a rear disc brake kit but want the ease of a bolt on system then this is the kit for you!
- Fits GM 10 and 12 bolt rear ends in mid size cars. Will not fit full size cars, pickups, or 7.5" 10 bolt axles
- Includes two bolt-on caliper brackets, two vented rotors, two new GM metric calipers and hardware
- Rotors have both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" to accommodate a variety of wheels
- Fits axle with a maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" OD and brake register size of 2.78" or smaller
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a rear disc brake kit and still have to weld the bracket on, weve got you covered. This complete kit includes two bolt-on caliper brackets, two 11-1/4" vented rotors, two GM metric style calipers, brake pads and hardware.
- Rotors have both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" bolt circles
- Fits axle with a maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" O.D.
- 2.780" rotor center hole
- Does not fit all 10 & 12 bolt axles. Check Application tab for details.
With non-emergency brake calipers.
This kit will fit 10 & 12 Bolt rear ends from:
The housing flange must have:
- 3-1/8" center-to-center distance for the top two bolt holes
- 2-11/16" center-to-center distance for the bottom two bolt holes
- 2-7/16" distance from the center of the top bolt to the center of the bottom bolt
Note: This disc brake kit does NOT fit all 10 & 12 bolt rear axles. It does NOT fit full size car (Biscayne, Bel Air, Impala) or pickup rear axles.
The inside diameter of this rotor will accept an axle flange that has a diameter of 6-1/4" or smaller. If your axle flange exceeds 6-1/4" in diameter, you will need machine your axle flange to decrease your axle flange diameter to fit this rotor as necessary.
When utilizing an aftermarket axle with disc brake conversion kits, it may be necessary to reduce the diameter of the axle flange to a diameter necessary to adequately fit inside the required Clearance I.D. that the brake hat/brake rotor will require. (see above diagram for illustration)
91031919 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway GM Brake Caliper Slider Slide BoltPart # 8352300542Qty x 4
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric LH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-LQty x 1
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric RH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-RQty x 1
Speedway 156 1978-Up D154 GM Metric Brake PadsPart # 9191562Qty x 2
Caliper Brackets - GM 10 & 12 Bolt Bolt OnPart # 91031983Qty x 1
Caliper Bolt Kit - 910-31983Part # 91031983-2Qty x 1
Speedway Replacement 11-1/4 Inch Rear Brake RotorPart # 91031039Qty x 2
More Like This
GM 10 & 12 Bolt Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit w/ E-Brake
Stock Spindle 1964-74 GM A/F/X-Body 11 In. Front Disc Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-7141-DP FDLI Rear Brake Kit, Chevy 12 Bolt w/ C-Clips
Wilwood 140-7141-DR FDLI Rear Brake Kit, Chevy 12 Bolt w/ C-Clips
Wilwood 140-7141-R FDLI Rear Brake Kit, Chevy 12 Bolt w/ C-Clips
Wilwood 140-7141-ZR FDLI Rear Brake Kit, Chevy 12 Bolt w/ C-Clips
1964-72 Chevy Brake Kit for Drop Spindles
Drilled/Slotted 1964-74 GM A/F/X-Body 11 In. Front Disc Brake Kit
Right Stuff AFXRD01 Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Camaro/Nova
Wilwood 140-11398 Dynapro Low-Profile Rear Parking Brake Kit, Chevy
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!