G-Comp Unser Edition 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Rear Suspension Kit
Solid Axle Rear Suspension Type, Truck Arm Trailing Arm Style, Conversion Suspension Kit Type
- Designed to complement the Unser Edition G-Comp front end kit
- Engineered then track tested and proven to handle the highest level of autocross competition
- Coil-over shock provisions are designed for a ride height of 2" lower than stock and is easily adjustable to suit your specific needs
- Watts link virtually eliminates left to right movement of the rear end during travel which allows for increased tire size
- Trailing arm suspension provides superior forward bite and articulation
This product contributed to making the Team Speedway '65 Nova the GoodGuys Autocross Champion in 2016!
The Unser Edition rear suspension incorporates performance enhancements developed by Team Speedway over the last year of competition. Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy II Nova suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp rear suspension kit is a complete assembly for the 1962-67 Chevy II Nova. This Pro Touring rear kit is an all-new performance system engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. The Unser Edition is designed and built to handle the rigors of autocross competition. G-Comp rear kits feature a user-friendly installation and will turn your Chevy II Nova into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
The Unser Edition is designed with additional stiffness and race car like adjustability to make the most out of a caged car in autocross competition and high-performance driving. The Unser Edition rear kit features 9” Ford Floater Rear End housing for durability, pre-welded and ready to bolt in, with an adjustable Watts Link and anti-Sway Bar.
Note: For a successful installation, the trunk floor must be altered to allow room for the Watts link top cradle crossmember to be properly welded in to place.
- Designed to complement the Unser Edition G-Comp front end kit
- Designed to handle the highest level of autocross competition
- Replaces leaf springs with coilover shocks
- Designed ride height is 2" lower than stock and is easily adjustable with coilovers
- Trailing arm articulation - provides superior forward bite
- Trailing arms have adjustable shock mount positions
- Eccentric Cam trailing arm mounts accurately position and align rear wheels
- Watts link is used to control lateral movement of rear end - precise with no roll bias
- Watts link virtually eliminates sideways movement of the rear end during travel
- Watts link provides equal load distribution for consistent reaction to turning right or left
- Four positions of Watts link mounts allow quick roll center adjustments, links and hardware included
- Chassis brace made from .120" wall steel tube and is easily located off leaf spring mount
- Pass through tubes are welded into the chassis brace for routing brake lines and wiring
- Chassis brace contains a dropped saddle for drive shaft clearance
- Front support tubes tie the chassis brace to the front of the car
- Chassis brace reduces chassis flex and provides a rigid mount for the trailing arms
- Upper crossmember includes shock mount holes and weld directly to the chassis
- Kit works with both stock wheel wells and mini-tubs
- Kit allows room for both OEM fuel tanks or custom fuel cells
- 7 gauge steel shock mount crossmember bolts to OEM shock mount holes
- Kit includes a 9" Ford Grand National (floater style) rear end housing
- Rear end housing has sway bar, trailing arm, and Watts link mounts installed
- Links and all hardware is included to install the Watts link
- Winters Performance 5069 double splined axles are included (31 spline)
- Speedway Grand National 5 x 4-3/4 rear hubs with all bearings, seals and hardware included
- Kit includes a 7/8" solid torsion bar style sway bar
- Sway bar connects to the rear end housing with 7-1/2" long aluminum arms
- All sway bar links and hardware is included
- Allows for 8" wide wheels if using stock wheelwells
- Allows for a large range of rear ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and mounts
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks for G-Comp Series Rear Suspension:
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable)
- 100206 - AFCO Max Performance/Race Coilover Shock (double adjustable)
Unser Edition kits will test your drive train! Your power will be hooked to the ground, so be prepared!
- Depending on how and where you drive, your car can create huge G forces. You may need to Dry Sump your engine so it won’t starve for oil.
- An oil pressure light is a MUST, as our expert drivers can attest, time is limited during competition to watch the gauges.
- At least one-day professional driving class is recommended for cars equipped with engines exceeding 500HP.
To learn more about the G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
NotesThis item is made to order with a production-to-ship estimated average time frame of 20 business days.
- This item 350400 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks teamed up to build a 1952 Chevy Truck in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th Anniversary. Jason and Tom take a few minutes to talk about the rear suspension the team used on the truck.
What happens when you combine a craftsman with a love of racing and a Speedway Motors G-Comp suspension? A cool, fast Nova race car...
Here's a handy guide to familiarize you with our G-Comp line of performance suspension systems.
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Do you need a Panhard Bar on your front suspension? Find out whether its recommended to have one on your four-bar or cross steering system.
Easy to follow instructions to install a G-Comp rear suspension kit.