G-Comp Unser Edition 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Rear Suspension Kit
- This item 350400 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
This product contributed to making the Team Speedway '65 Nova the GoodGuys Autocross Champion in 2016!
The Unser Edition rear suspension incorporates performance enhancements developed by Team Speedway over the last year of competition. Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy II Nova suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp rear suspension kit is a complete assembly for the 1962-67 Chevy II Nova. This Pro Touring rear kit is an all-new performance system engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. The Unser Edition is designed and built to handle the rigors of autocross competition. G-Comp rear kits feature a user-friendly installation and will turn your Chevy II Nova into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
The Unser Edition is designed with additional stiffness and race car like adjustability to make the most out of a caged car in autocross competition and high performance driving. The Unser Edition rear kit features 9” Ford Floater Rear End housing for durability, pre-welded and ready to bolt in, with an adjustable Watts Link and anti-Sway Bar.
- Developed by Al Unser Jr. and Robby Unser in 2015 autocross competitions
- Designed to complement the Unser Edition G-Comp front end kit
- Designed to handle the highest level of autocross competition
- Replaces leaf springs with coilover shocks
- Designed ride height is 2" lower than stock and is easily adjustable with coilovers
- Trailing arm articulation - provides superior forward bite
- Trailing arms have adjustable shock mount positions
- Eccentric Cam trailing arm mounts accurately position and align rear wheels
- Watts link is used to control lateral movement of rear end - precise with no roll bias
- Watts link virtually eliminates sideways movement of the rear end during travel
- Watts link provides equal load distribution for consistent reaction to turning right or left
- Four positions of Watts link mounts allow quick roll center adjustments, links and hardware included
- Chassis brace made from .120" wall steel tube and is easily located off leaf spring mount
- Pass through tubes are welded into the chassis brace for routing brake lines and wiring
- Chassis brace contains a dropped saddle for drive shaft clearance
- Front support tubes tie the chassis brace to the front of the car
- Chassis brace reduces chassis flex and provides a rigid mount for the trailing arms
- Upper crossmember includes shock mount holes and weld directly to the chassis
- Kit works with both stock wheel wells and mini-tubs
- Kit allows room for both OEM fuel tanks or custom fuel cells
- 7 gauge steel shock mount crossmember bolts to OEM shock mount holes
- Kit includes a 9" Ford Grand National (floater style) rear end housing
- Rear end housing has sway bar, trailing arm, and Watts link mounts installed
- Links and all hardware is included to install the Watts link
- Winters Performance 5069 double splined axles are included (31 spline)
- Speedway Grand National 5 x 4-3/4 rear hubs with all bearings, seals and hardware included
- Kit includes a 7/8" solid torsion bar style sway bar
- Sway bar connects to the rear end housing with 7-1/2" long aluminum arms
- All sway bar links and hardware is included
- Allows for 8" wide wheels if using stock wheelwells
- Allows for a large range of rear ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and mounts
Note: For a successful installation, the trunk floor must be altered to allow room for the Watts link top cradle crossmember to be properly welded in to place.
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks for G-Comp Series Rear Suspension:
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable)
- 100206 - AFCO Max Performance/Race Coilover Shock (double adjustable)
Unser Edition kits will test your drive train! Your power will be hooked to the ground, so be prepared!
- Depending on how and where you drive, your car can create huge G forces. You may need to Dry Sump your engine so it won’t starve for oil.
- An oil pressure light is a MUST, as our expert drivers can attest, time is limited during competition to watch the gauges.
- At least one day professional driving class is recommended for cars equipped with engines exceeding 500HP.
To learn more about the G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
What's In The KitEach kit from Speedway Motors is carefully packaged and delivered right to your door. Below is a list of all the items you should expect to receive when you order this kit. Some of these items may also be available for sale individually if you're here looking for replacement parts.
G-Comp Weldment Chassis BracePart # 350003.1Qty x 1
G-Comp Front SupportPart # 350003.2Qty x 2
Chevy II Unser Rear ArmsPart # 350400.1Qty x 1
G-Comp Upper Crossmember WeldmentPart # 350021.1Qty x 1
G-Comp 54 Inch Floater Differential HousingPart # 350009Qty x 1
G-Comp Floater Rear End ComponentsPart # 350029.2Qty x 1
Winters 5069-25.5 Double Splined Solid Axle, 31 Spline, 25.5 LongPart # 65579031-25.5Qty x 1
Winters 5069-30 Double Splined Solid Axle, 31 Spline, 30 LongPart # 65579031-30Qty x 1
Hardware KitPart # 350003.5Qty x 1
G-Comp Nova Rear Watts Link PackagePart # 350029Qty x 1
G-Comp Nova Rear Sway BarPart # 350402Qty x 1
350400 InstructionsPart # 350400.INSTRQty x 1
More Like This
G-Comp 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Rear Suspension Kit
G-Comp Unser Edition 1967-69 Camaro Rear Suspension Kit
1935-40 Ford Composite Leaf Spring Rear Suspension Kit
Speedway Deluxe Coil Spring Hairpin Radius Rod Rear Suspension Kit
Speedway Model T, A, 1932-34 Four-Bar Rear Suspension Kit, Plain Steel
Speedway Rear Suspension Kit
Rear Suspension Kits for Model A Frame 916-57045
1935-40 Ford Four Bar Rear Suspension Kit
Triangulated 4-Bar Rear Supsension Assembly Kit for Model A Frame
Speedway Universal Heavy Duty Parallel 4-Link Rear Suspension Kit
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.