Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Transmission Basic Adapter Kit
Ford Flathead V8, C4
- This kit allows you to put a modern AOD, C4, or C6 transmission behind your classic 49-53 Ford Flathead V8, giving it the old-school look with modern drivability
- Kit includes the starter nose cone, flexplate, bellhousing adapter, transmission block plate, hardware, and detailed instructions for a trouble-free installation
- You have your choice of 157 or 164 tooth flexplate, for either a 10-1/2" or 11-1/2" converter bolt pattern
- Cast aluminum starter snout ensures proper engagement of the starter gear with the ring gear teeth
- Transmission block plate is laser cut from 16-gauge steel, and gold zinc plated to offer premium corrosion resistance
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you have access to your own transmission and parts or you wish to adapt an AOD, Ford C-4 or Ford C-6 to a 1949-1953 Ford 8BA and 8CM Mercury Flathead V8 engines without integral bellhousing, this basic adapter set is what you need. Includes: starter nose cone, flexplate, bellhousing adapter and instructions. Choice of 157 or 164 flexplate. Use with 302-351W transmission. For Ford C4 and Ford C6 transmission application.
Basic Hardware Only: Starter Nose Cone, Flexplate, Bellhousing Adapter, Instructions
This kit uses C-4 transmissions from 1966-76 Ford passenger cars, vans and pickups with 289-302-351W V-8's and 250 6-cylinder engines (exl. 170-200 6-cyl applications).
- Fits 1949-1953 Ford 8BA and 8CM Mercury Flathead V8 engines without integral bellhousing
- If the bolt pattern on the front of the torque converter is a 10-1/2" circle, order the 157 tooth version.
- If the bolt pattern on the front of the torque converter measures 11-1/2", order the 164 tooth version.
916-28901 Instructions (pdf)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Flathead-C4, Adapt & HardwarePart # 91628901-1Qty x 1
Flexplate Flathead to Ford C4 TransmissionPart # 91628900Qty x 1
Starter Snout - C4-FH KitPart # 430C2723Qty x 1
Ford 289-351W C4-AOD Transmission Block PlatePart # 91029012Qty x 1
More Like This
Dorman Products 690-023 GM Transmission to Ford Engine Pilot Bearing
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter - GM Clutch
Speedway Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Speedway Standard Chevy Trans to Flathead Adapter Kit
Offenhauser 5174 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, GM Clutch
Offenhauser 5204 49-64 Ford Trans to GM Bellhousing Adapter
Offenhauser 5272 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Offenhauser Standard Chevy Trans to Flathead Adapter Kit
Offenhauser Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
Learn how to convert an engine using a Carbureted LS Conversion Kit, along with tips for a smooth install. Read more on the manifold and timing control module, which comes with an MSD ignition control box and wiring harness.