Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Transmission Adapter Kit w/Starter
Ford Flathead V8, AOD, C4, C6, Hardware Included
- This kit allows you to put a modern AOD, C4, or C6 transmission behind your classic 49-53 Ford Flathead V8, giving it the old-school look with modern drivability
- Kit includes the starter, flexplate, bellhousing adapter, transmission block plate, hardware, and detailed instructions for a trouble-free installation
- You have your choice of 157 or 164 tooth flexplate, for either a 10-1/2" or 11-1/2" converter bolt pattern
- Full-size starter operates on a conventional 12V system
- Transmission block plate is laser cut from 16-gauge steel, and gold zinc plated to offer premium corrosion resistance
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Convert your classic Flathead V8 to work with a modern Ford transmission for improved reliability and driveability. Kit includes everything from adapter plates to starter and hardware.
- (1) Flathead-C4 Adapter & Hardware
- (1) Ford C4-AOD Transmission Block Plate
- (1) Flathead Ford to C-4 Ford Transmission Flexplate
- (Choose 157 or 164 tooth version)
- (1) ARP 200-2902 7/16" Flexplate Bolt Set
- (1) 1949-1953 Ford Flathead to C4/AOD Starter, 12V
- (1) Tuff Stuff 7629-1 Ford Hot Start Starter Solenoid
- This kit uses C-4 transmissions from 1966-76 Ford passenger cars, vans and pickups with 289-302-351W V-8's and 250 6-cylinder engines (exl. 170-200 6-cyl applications)
- Fits 1949-1953 Ford 8BA and 8CM Mercury Flathead V8 engines without integral bellhousing
- If the bolt pattern on the front of the torque converter is a 10-1/2" circle, order the 157 tooth version
- If the bolt pattern on the front of the torque converter measures 11-1/2", order the 164 tooth version
916-28901 Instructions (pdf)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Flathead-C4, Adapt & HardwarePart # 91628901-1Qty x 1
Flexplate Flathead to Ford C4 TransmissionPart # 91628900Qty x 1
1949-1953 Ford Flathead C4/AOD Replacement Starter, 12VPart # 91067449Qty x 1
Ford 289-351W C4-AOD Transmission Block PlatePart # 91029012Qty x 1
ARP 200-2902 Chevy Flexplate BoltsPart # 1012002902Qty x 1
Tuff Stuff 7629-1 Hot Start Starter Solenoid, Universal FordPart # 91033011Qty x 1
More Like This
Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Transmission Basic Adapter Kit
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter - GM Clutch
Speedway Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Speedway Standard Chevy Trans to Flathead Adapter Kit
Offenhauser 5174 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, GM Clutch
Offenhauser 5204 49-64 Ford Trans to GM Bellhousing Adapter
Offenhauser 5272 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Offenhauser Standard Chevy Trans to Flathead Adapter Kit
Offenhauser Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
Learn how to convert an engine using a Carbureted LS Conversion Kit, along with tips for a smooth install. Read more on the manifold and timing control module, which comes with an MSD ignition control box and wiring harness.