Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Transmission Adapter Kit w/Starter
Ford Flathead V8, AOD, C4, C6, Hardware Included
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Convert your classic Flathead V8 to work with a modern Ford transmission for improved reliability and driveability. Kit includes everything from adapter plates to starter and hardware.
- (1) Flathead-C4 Adapter & Hardware
- (1) Ford C4-AOD Transmission Block Plate
- (1) Flathead Ford to C-4 Ford Transmission Flexplate
- (Choose 157 or 164 tooth version)
- (1) ARP 200-2902 7/16" Flexplate Bolt Set
- (1) 1949-1953 Ford Flathead to C4/AOD Starter, 12V
- (1) Tuff Stuff 7629-1 Ford Hot Start Starter Solenoid
- This kit uses C-4 transmissions from 1966-76 Ford passenger cars, vans and pickups with 289-302-351W V-8's and 250 6-cylinder engines (exl. 170-200 6-cyl applications)
- Fits 1949-1953 Ford 8BA and 8CM Mercury Flathead V8 engines without integral bellhousing
- If the bolt pattern on the front of the torque converter is a 10-1/2" circle, order the 157 tooth version
- If the bolt pattern on the front of the torque converter measures 11-1/2", order the 164 tooth version
916-28901 Instructions (pdf)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Flathead-C4, Adapt & HardwarePart # 91628901-1Qty x 1
Flexplate Flathead to Ford C4 TransmissionPart # 91628900Qty x 1
1949-1953 Ford Flathead C4/AOD Replacement Starter, 12VPart # 91067449Qty x 1
Ford 289-351W C4-AOD Transmission Block PlatePart # 91029012Qty x 1
ARP 200-2902 Chevy Flexplate BoltsPart # 1012002902Qty x 1
Tuff Stuff 7629-1 Hot Start Starter Solenoid, Universal FordPart # 91033011Qty x 1
Q & A
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks reached out to Lokar, Inc. to help get the Week to Wicked ’52 Chevy truck build in gear.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Shifter Assembly.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.