Edelbrock 1125 1939-48 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads
Bare Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural, 65cc Combustion Chamber Volume
- This is the original Edelbrock design for Fords and Mercury's
- Measures 2-3/8" from the bottom surface to the top of the fins
- Specifically designed to fit the 1939-1948 Ford flathead V8 engine
- They a cast at the Edelbrock Foundry in the USA of T-6 tempered A356 aluminum
- Features a 8.0:1 compression ratio on blocks with a 3/16" base relief (stock bore and stroke)
For early Ford and Mercury Flathead 24-stud V8 engines, 1938-1948. Extensive R&D and modern CAD systems give these heads more power potential and greater heat control than any before! Work well on stock or modified engines. Has a 65cc chamber producing 8:1 compression with the stock bore & stroke.
- The original Edelbrock design for Fords and Mercurys
- Rugged, ribbed internally and externally, with a large water capacity and excellent breathing characteristics
- Cast at the Edelbrock Foundry in the USA of T-6 tempered A356 aluminum
- 8.0:1 compression ratio on blocks with a 3/16" base relief (stock bore and stroke)
- Compression ratio increase is approximately 3/10 of a percent with each 1/8" stroke
NOTE: These heads should accept .410 valve lift. Edelbrock has changed the spark plug configuration for these heads recently. They now recommend Champion plug 271-RC12YC or Autolite 373-3924.
- 2-3/8" from the bottom surface to the top of the fins
- 1-7/8" from the bottom surface to the top (not including the fins)
- Use with copper head gaskets
325-1125 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Edelbrock 1126 1938-1948 Flathead Block Letter Heads
Offenhauser 1068-400 1939-48 Ford Flathead Finned Aluminum Heads
Edelbrock 1116 1949-53 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads, 74cc
Edelbrock 1115 1949-53 Ford Flathead Finned Cylinder Heads, 65cc
Offenhauser 1069-400 1949-53 Ford Flathead Finned Aluminum Heads
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
The history behind the Edelbrock Slingshot Intake Manifold for a Flathead Ford V8 engine. Learn why it was designed and how you can add it to your hot rod as a conversation piece.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Engine Cylinder Numbers