Edelbrock 1126 1938-1948 Flathead Block Letter Heads
Bare Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural, 60cc - 69cc Combustion Chamber Volume Range
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Edelbrock now offers their 1938-1948 Ford/Mercury 24-Stud Flathead cylinder heads with the traditional block letters Vic Sr. used. Extensive R&D and modern CAD systems give these heads more power potential and greater heat control than any before! Works well on stock or modified engines.
These heads have 65cc chambers producing 8:1 compression with the stock bore & stroke. Plus, they accept up to .410" valve lift for use with most performance cams.
- The original Edelbrock design for Fords and Mercurys
- Rugged, ribbed internally and externally, with a large water capacity and excellent breathing characteristics
- Cast at the Edelbrock Foundry in the USA of T-6 tempered A356 aluminum
- 8.0:1 compression ratio on blocks with a 3/16" base relief (stock bore and stroke)
- Compression ratio increase is approximately 3/10 of a percent with each 1/8" stroke
325-1126 Instructions (PDF)
- Edelbrock recommends the use of copper head gaskets with their Flathead cylinder heads.
- Recommended spark plug is a 14mm x 3/4" reach with flat gasket seat (Champion RC12YC).
- 2-3/8" from the bottom surface to the top of the fins
- 1-7/8" from the bottom surface to the top (not including the fins)
More Like This
Edelbrock 1128 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads, Block Logo, High Lift
Edelbrock 1125 1939-48 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads
Edelbrock 11263 Aluminum Cylinder Head, 1938-48 Ford/Mercury, Block
Edelbrock 1127 1938-48 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads, 74cc
Edelbrock 11253 Aluminum Cylinder Head, 1938-48 Ford/Mercury, Script
Offenhauser 1068-400 1939-48 Ford Flathead Finned Aluminum Heads
Edelbrock 1116 1949-53 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads, 74cc
Edelbrock 1115 1949-53 Ford Flathead Finned Cylinder Heads, 65cc
Edelbrock 11151 1949-53 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads, Polished, 65cc
Offenhauser 1069-400 1949-53 Ford Flathead Finned Aluminum Heads
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Illustration showing the various styles of engine heads you may encounter on the Small Block Chevy engine.
Engine Cylinder Numbers
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.