Edelbrock 1126 1938-1948 Flathead Block Letter Heads
Bare Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural, 60cc - 69cc Combustion Chamber Volume Range
- Specifically designed for the 1938-1948 Flathead Ford
- It is the original Edelbrock design for Fords and Mercury's
- Has a 8.0:1 compression ratio on blocks with a 3/16" base relief
- It's cast at the Edelbrock Foundry in the USA of T-6 tempered A356 aluminum
- The compression ratio increase is approximately 3/10 of a percent with each 1/8" stroke
Edelbrock now offers their 1938-1948 Ford/Mercury 24-Stud Flathead cylinder heads with the traditional block letters Vic Sr. used. Extensive R&D and modern CAD systems give these heads more power potential and greater heat control than any before! Works well on stock or modified engines.
These heads have 65cc chambers producing 8:1 compression with the stock bore & stroke. Plus, they accept up to .410" valve lift for use with most performance cams.
- The original Edelbrock design for Fords and Mercurys
- Rugged, ribbed internally and externally, with a large water capacity and excellent breathing characteristics
- Cast at the Edelbrock Foundry in the USA of T-6 tempered A356 aluminum
- 8.0:1 compression ratio on blocks with a 3/16" base relief (stock bore and stroke)
- Compression ratio increase is approximately 3/10 of a percent with each 1/8" stroke
- Edelbrock recommends the use of copper head gaskets with their Flathead cylinder heads.
- Recommended spark plug is a 14mm x 3/4" reach with flat gasket seat (Champion RC12YC).
- 2-3/8" from the bottom surface to the top of the fins
- 1-7/8" from the bottom surface to the top (not including the fins)
325-1126 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Edelbrock 1100 Super Dual 1938-48 Ford/Mercury Flathead Ford Intake
Edelbrock 1125 1939-48 Ford Flathead Cylinder Heads
ARP 154-5103 Head Stud Kit 1938-48 Ford Flathead For Offenhauser Heads
1932-1948 Flathead Ford V8 Crankcase Breathers
Flathead Cylinder Head Stud Kit
Speedway 1932-1953 Flathead Intake Manifold, Single Plane
Offenhauser 1068-400 1939-48 Ford Flathead Finned Aluminum Heads
9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Slingshot Intake Manifold Kit 1938-48 Flathead
32-48 Ford Fuel Pump Push Rod Flathead V8/Cast-Iron Intake, 8.87 Long
1939-53 Flathead Ford Rotating Assembly, 304 C.I.
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
That flathead engine pictured on our street rod catalog cover is just one little piece of a pretty mean little Model T hot rod. Check it out.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Learn how to identify Chevy heads on your small block with our Chevy cylinder head identification guide. Our images cover Chevrolet small blocks since 1955.