Doug's Headers D669Y-1 Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Metallic Ceramic Coating, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Silver
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Tri-Y Metallic Ceramic Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1966-1970 Ford Fairlane
1967-1970 Ford Mustang
1966-1970 Ford Ranchero
1968-1970 Ford Torino
1966-1969 Mercury Comet
1967-1970 Mercury Cougar
- Doug's Headers D669Y-1 1 3/4" Tri-Y Header Ford Mustang 351W 67-70 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 3
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 3/4 - 2
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Fits only World Products heads with wide 3 in. center to center exhaust bolt pattern
- Requires power steering bracket H7609.
- with Floor Shifter
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Doug's Headers D669Y Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Flowtech 32100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 6901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1966-74 Ford/Mercury, SBF
Hooker 6901-3HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Patriot Exhaust H8403 1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, Plain Steel
Hooker 6901-4HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Hooker 6901HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Flowtech 12100FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 3 Inch Collector Size
Hooker 6901-2HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.