Doug's Headers D662Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 62-65 SBF, Blk
260 Ford Small Block V8, 289 Ford Small Block V8, 292 Ford Y-Block V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Tri-Y Hi-Temp Black Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Hi-Temp Black Coating
Application1962-1964 Ford Fairlane 4.3L/260 V8
1963-1965 Ford Fairlane 4.7L/289 V8
1962-1963 Mercury Meteor 4.3L/260 V8
1963 Mercury Meteor 4.7L/289 V8
1962 Mercury Meteor 4.8L/292 V8
- Doug's Headers D662Y-B 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header Ford Fairlane Small Block Ford 62-65 Hi-Temp Black Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Black
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 5/8 - 2
- legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- Will not fit models with air injection cylinder heads
- with Floor Shifter
- with A/C
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.