Doug's Headers D453 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 62-72 Mopar, CC
273 Chrysler Small Block V8, 340 Chrysler Small Block V8, 360 Chrysler Small Block V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Coated Dodge Challenger (70-74) 273-360 Engine, Charger, R/T (66-72) 273-360 Engine, Coronet, Coronet Wagons (62-72) 273-360 Engine, Dart (67-72) 273-360 Engine, Demon (70-72) 273-360 Engine, Super Bee (68-72) 273-360 Engine, Plymouth Barracuda (67-74) 273-360 Engine, Belvedere (66-72) 273-360 Engine, Duster (70-72) 273-360 Engine, GTX (66-72) 273-360 Engine, Valiant (67-72) 273-360 Engine. This part comes standard with Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating (MCTBC). MCTBC protects and extends the life of headers by creating a thermal barrier that significantly lowers underhood temperatures and protects the substrate metal from thermal fatigue. It also provide corrosion resistance to protect it for years to come.
Please see our online catalog for specific application information.
Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1970-1974 Dodge Challenger 5.2L/318 V8
1971-1973 Dodge Challenger 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1974 Dodge Challenger 5.9L/360 V8
1966-1967 Dodge Charger 4.5L/273 V8
1967-1971 Dodge Charger 5.2L/318 V8
1967-1968 Dodge Coronet 4.5L/273 V8
1965-1974 Dodge Coronet 5.2L/318 V8
1970-1973 Dodge Coronet 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1974 Dodge Coronet 5.9L/360 V8
1967-1969 Dodge Dart 4.5L/273 V8
1967-1972 Dodge Dart 5.2L/318 V8
1968-1972 Dodge Dart 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1972 Dodge Dart 5.9L/360 V8
1968 Plymouth Barracuda 4.5L/273 V8
1967-1972 Plymouth Barracuda 5.2L/318 V8
1969-1973 Plymouth Barracuda 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1974 Plymouth Barracuda 5.9L/360 V8
1964-1968 Plymouth Belvedere 4.5L/273 V8
1962-1970 Plymouth Belvedere 5.2L/318 V8
1971 Plymouth Belvedere 5.6L/340 V8
1970-1972 Plymouth Duster 5.2L/318 V8
1970-1972 Plymouth Duster 5.6L/340 V8
1967 Plymouth GTX 4.5L/273 V8
1967-1970 Plymouth GTX 5.2L/318 V8
1967-1969 Plymouth Valiant 4.5L/273 V8
1968-1972 Plymouth Valiant 5.2L/318 V8
1968-1972 Plymouth Valiant 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1972 Plymouth Valiant 5.9L/360 V8
- Doug's Headers D453 1 5/8" 4-Tube Full Length Header Mopar A Body Small Block Mopar 67-72 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 3
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 5/8
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- Fits with Mopar mini-starter part PN P5249644AB
- with A/C
- with Column Shift
- with Floor shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D453-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 62-72 Mopar, Blk
Doug's Headers D453-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 62-72 Mopar, Raw
Flowtech 13100FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 1.625 Inch Tube Size
Flowtech 33100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5901-1HKR Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5901-3HKR Competition Full Length Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 5901-4HKR Competition Full Length Header, Titanium Ceramic
Hooker 5901HKR Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Hooker 5602-1HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5602HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.