Doug's Headers D356 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 SBC, CC
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Mid Length Metallic Ceramic CoatedHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Mid length headers provide improved groungd clearance for popular muscle cars and street rods
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1955-1956 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.6L/283 V8
1955-1956 Chevrolet Corvette 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Corvette 4.6L/283 V8
- Doug's Headers D356 1 5/8" 4-Tube Shorty Header Chevrolet Pass Small Block Chevrolet 55-57 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Shorty Design - Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port: OVL
- Primary: 1 5/8
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Fits D-Port heads
- Use orig. style V8 pitman arm
- Fits 605 steering
- Will not fit if eng. is 3/4+ in. forward
- Fits TCI mount kit 725-7005-80
- Fits W/Danchuk mounts
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D356-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 SBC, Blk
Doug's Headers D356-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 SBC, Raw
Doug's Headers D355 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 55-57 SBC, CC
Doug's Headers D353 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 55-57 SBC, CC
Doug's Headers D358 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 58-64 SBC, CC
Doug's Headers D127 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-86 Jeep/SBC, CC
Doug's Headers D353-R Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 55-57 SBC, Raw
Doug's Headers D353-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 55-57 SBC, Blk
Doug's Headers D355-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 55-57 SBC, Blk
Doug's Headers D355-R Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 55-57 SBC, Raw
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.