Doug's Headers D309Y Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 1958-64 Chevy, CC
348 Chevy W-Series V8, 409 Chevy W-Series V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Steel
- Headers are specifically designed for the 1958-64 Chevy platform
- The 3/8" Thick machined flanges will not warp
- Has CNC mandrel bent tubes for an accurate fit & better flow
- These Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is finished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Tri-Y Metallic Ceramic Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1958-1961 Chevrolet Bel Air 5.7L/348 V8
1961-1964 Chevrolet Bel Air 6.7L/409 V8
1959-1960 Chevrolet El Camino 5.7L/348 V8
1959-1960 Chevrolet Impala 5.7L/348 V8
1961-1964 Chevrolet Impala 6.7L/409 V8
- Doug's Headers D309Y 1 3/4" Tri-Y Header Chevrolet Passenger Car/Wagon 409 58-64 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 3/4 - 2
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- with A/C
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Doug's Headers D309Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 1958-64 Chevy, Raw
Doug's Headers D358 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 58-64 SBC, CC
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, AHC Coated
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, Chrome
Doug's Headers D358-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 58-64 SBC, Blk
Hooker 2201HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2103-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Flowtech 31132FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 11132FLT Long Tube Header, 3.5 Inch Collector Size
Hooker 2103HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 3 Inch Diameter
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.