Doug's Headers D303Y Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 68-87 Chevy Truck BBC, CC
Chevy Big Block V8, Chevy Small Block V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Steel, Silver
Coated Header for Chevy/GMC 2WD & 4WD Trucks & SUV 1/2, 3/4, 1 Ton/ 1500, 2500, 3500 Trucks
- Blazer/Jimmy, Suburban, Tahoe/Yukon (68-87) 396-502 Engine
- 1 Ton/3500 Crew, Standard Cab Dually (73-91) 396-502 Engine
- Class A (Chevy Chassis) (75-91) 396-502 Engine
Please see our online catalog for specific application information.
Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is finished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1968-1969 Chevrolet C10 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 Chevrolet C10 Suburban 6.6L/402 V8
1975-1980 Chevrolet C10 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 Chevrolet C20 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1976-1980 Chevrolet C20 Suburban 6.6L/400 V8
1970-1972 Chevrolet C20 Suburban 6.6L/402 V8
1975-1986 Chevrolet C20 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1988-1991 Chevrolet C3500 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 Chevrolet K10 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 Chevrolet K10 Suburban 6.6L/402 V8
1988-1991 Chevrolet K3500 7.4L/454 V8
1987 Chevrolet R20 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1989-1991 Chevrolet R3500 7.4L/454 V8
1989-1991 Chevrolet V3500 7.4L/454 V8
1975-1978 GMC C15 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 GMC C15/C1500 Pickup 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 GMC C15/C1500 Pickup 6.6L/402 V8
1968-1969 GMC C15/C1500 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1971 GMC C15/C1500 Suburban 6.6L/402 V8
1979-1980 GMC C1500 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1979-1980 GMC C1500 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1980 GMC C1500 7.4L/454 V8
1978 GMC C25 Suburban 6.6L/400 V8
1975-1978 GMC C25 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 GMC C25/C2500 Pickup 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 GMC C25/C2500 Pickup 6.6L/402 V8
1968-1969 GMC C25/C2500 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 GMC C25/C2500 Suburban 6.6L/402 V8
1980 GMC C2500 Suburban 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1986 GMC C2500 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1979 GMC C2500 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1986 GMC C2500 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 GMC C35/C3500 Pickup 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 GMC C35/C3500 Pickup 6.6L/402 V8
1979 GMC C3500 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1991 GMC C3500 7.4L/454 V8
1975-1979 GMC Jimmy 6.6L/400 V8
1976 GMC Jimmy 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 GMC K15/K1500 Pickup 6.5L/396 V8
1968 GMC K15/K1500 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1972 GMC K15/K1500 Suburban 6.6L/402 V8
1974 GMC K15/K1500 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1979-1980 GMC K1500 Suburban 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1980 GMC K1500 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1980 GMC K1500 7.4L/454 V8
1968-1969 GMC K25/K2500 Pickup 6.5L/396 V8
1968 GMC K25/K2500 Suburban 6.5L/396 V8
1974 GMC K25/K2500 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1979-1980 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1980 GMC K2500 6.6L/400 V8
1968-1969 GMC K35/K3500 Pickup 6.5L/396 V8
1970-1971 GMC K35/K3500 Pickup 6.6L/402 V8
1979-1980 GMC K3500 6.6L/400 V8
1979-1991 GMC K3500 7.4L/454 V8
1987 GMC R2500 Suburban 7.4L/454 V8
1987 GMC R2500 7.4L/454 V8
1987-1991 GMC R3500 7.4L/454 V8
1987-1991 GMC V3500 7.4L/454 V8
- Doug's Headers D303Y 1 3/4" Tri-Y Header Chevrolet Truck Big Block Chevrolet 68-87 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 3/4 - 2
- legal for off-highway use (exc. in Calif. or states using Calif. emission standards)
- Non catalytic converter equipped.
- Non catalytic converter equipped
- Not with bell housing mounts
- Requires Big block frame stands and motor mounts
- with A/C
- without Catalytic Converter
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Doug's Headers D303Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In 68-87 Chevy Truck, Raw
Doug's Headers D303Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 68-87 Chevy Truck, Blk
Flowtech 31500FLT, Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 11500FLT, Long Tube Header, 3 Inch Collector Size
Flowtech 31530FLTLong Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 11530FLT Long Tube Header, 1.75 Inch Tube Size
Doug's Headers D300Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 73-87 Chevy Truck, Blk
Hooker 2840-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2840HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2454-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.