DIY Universal Dual Exhaust System Kit w/ Cutouts, Mufflers, 2-1/2
Universal Fit, Header-Back Exhaust System Type, Dual Single or Dual, 2.5" Exhaust Pipe Size
- Complete 2-1/2-inch universal dual exhaust system works with most hot rods and muscle cars/trucks
- The DIY Dual Exhaust System Kit with cut-out hook-ups includes enough tubing to allow you to run your own cut-out dual exhaust system the way you want it
- Each pipe is expanded on one end to allow easy installation
- Includes four 46-inch long straight pipes, four 90-degree pipes, four 45-degree pipes, and four 180-degree U-bends
- Also includes ten 3-inch exhaust clamps, four bolt-on exhaust hangers, two cut-out hook-ups with block-off plates, and two 2-1/2-inch welded chamber mufflers
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
- 2-1/2-inch 16-gauge mild steel tubing with .065-inch wall thickness for easier welding
- Mandrel bent tubing maintains inside diameter throughout exhaust pipe flow path
- All tubing can be cut and easily welded at any bend radius due to mandrel bending process
- Oil coating applied to prevent corrosion after manufacture that delivers clean, ready to weld tubing
- Once cut and welded it is recommended to use high-heat paint or ceramic coating to protect exhaust
- Each tubing piece includes an expanded end for easy slip-fit installation
- Complete universal dual exhaust kit includes 16 pieces of tubing to build a complete custom exhaust system
- Dual exhaust kit includes 16-gauge welded steel two chamber mufflers in high-temp black coating
- Manual exhaust cutout hook up kit included and compatible with electric cutouts
- Finished tailpipe tips are not included but available separately
- Bent exhaust tubing features a 3-3/4-inch bend radius on all pieces
Design Your Own Exhaust System with Our Complete Header Back Exhaust Kits
Many builders look at the exhaust portion of a project build with skepticism and disdain. It is normally one of those aspects of a project where you know it is going to entail delivering your project vehicle to an exhaust fabricator and having a complete header to tailpipe custom exhaust system built at great expense. It is even more fun when you do not own a truck and trailer to transport said vehicle yourself too! However, we are here to tell you that you can indeed fabricate your own custom exhaust right in your home garage or workshop with ease using one of our complete mild steel dual exhaust pipe kits we offer here at Speedway Motors. All it takes is a welder, something to measure and cut the piping with, and a little bit of exhaust pipe system routing forethought to accomplish.
Heavy Wall 16-Gauge Tubing for Easy Welding and Fabrication
We start by spec’ing .065-inch thick 16-gauge mild steel tubing for our mandrel bent exhaust pipe kits. This steel is easier to weld by far when compared to standard 18-gauge steel normally used for exhaust tubing. The thicker gauge material provides “forgiveness” when welding if your welding machine settings are not spot on, making it easier for novices with basic 110-volt MIG welders to weld up the perfect custom exhaust system. We provide four 46-inch lengths of straight pipe for the main exhaust pipe run along with four lengths of each bend type: 90-degree, 45-degree, and 180-degree U-bends. These bends allow you to fabricate the optimum dual exhaust system routing around crossmembers and over your vehicle’s rear axle simply by measuring, cutting, and welding the bend sections as required.
Welded Two-Chamber Mufflers Included for That Classic Sound
Our mild steel universal dual exhaust pipe kit utilizes 2-1/2-inch exhaust tubing and ships with our matching two-chamber welded steel mufflers. These mufflers feature an offset inlet with center outlet design and have a case dimension of 13-inches long, 9-3/4-inches wide, and 4-inches thick. Including the inlet/outlet bushings these mufflers are 19-inches long. These welded two-chamber performance mufflers provide that great classic deep aggressive exhaust note we all love while minimizing interior drone that can ruin your road trip. The twin baffle design creates a scavenging effect to help pull the exhaust through the muffler, increasing horsepower and torque. Constructed of 16-gauge steel, the case and internal steel baffles are full welded, meaning there is no internal packing material to burn up or blow out, so your exhaust sounds the same on day 1 as it does many years down the road. You can also find exhaust installation accessories including hangers and exhaust tips on our site.
Turn Heads with Quick and Easy Open Exhaust Cutouts
As much as we love the sound of open headers it is not something most of us wish to drive around constantly offending our ear drums and those around us. However, when you are looking to make an entrance, there is nothing like uncorking the exhaust and letting your engine say “hello” through some exhaust cutouts. We offer both a 2-1/2-inch and 3-inch DIY universal dual exhaust kits with manual cutouts that are easily placed in any section of straight tubing and include three bolt block-off plates and mounting clamps (or can be fully welded into your system). These cutouts are 9 inches long with 2-inch stepped ends. The exit length is 5-1/2-inches with 40.4 degree angle. These are compatible with the electric cutout valves we offer, turning these into a hands-free switch-activated exhaust cutout that will really turn heads at the cruise night or the drag strip.
Extra Exhaust Tubing is Just a Call or Click Away
Sometimes we measure twice, cut once, then cut again, and still come up with the short end of the stick, or in this case, exhaust pipe. Have no fear, Speedway Motors offers individual replacement angle tubing and additional lengths of straight tubing in case you have a project with a long wheelbase like a station wagon, panel van, or other unique scenario. If you know what you need you can order these along with your hot rod DIY exhaust kit, otherwise, know these parts are ready to order to get you fixed back up and your exhaust project finished in no time if you make a mistake with your exhaust fabrication.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Universal Mild Steel Dual Exhaust Mandrel Bend Kit, 2-1/2 InchPart # 91013824Qty x 1
Dougs Headers H1130 Exhaust Cut-Out Hook-Up Kit, 2-1/2 InchPart # 4471130Qty x 1
Speedway Motors Heavy Duty Exhaust Clamp, 2-1/2 InchPart # 91013005-2.50Qty x 10
Speedway Motors Bolt-On Exhaust Hanger Bracket, 1.5-2.5 InchPart # 91602017Qty x 4
Speedway Welded Chamber Muffler, 2.5 Inch, Offset Inlet/Center OutletPart # 9301004Qty x 2
Q & A
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
If you're ready to get your street machine sounding as good as it looks, it's important to know how each muffler will affect your sound and performance. Take a listen and decide which muffler is best for your rod.
This dual exhaust size chart will help you choose the correct size exhaust pipe for your horsepower range.
See the final steps of installing a custom exhaust system on a '67 Chevelle. Learn some tips on how to offset and install the exhaust U bend tailpipe.
Next up, Jeff installs a custom exhaust system in his '67 Chevelle. See how he applies tailpipe tips and incorporates exhaust cutouts during the process.
Some basic info on the various exhaust options carried by Speedway Motors.
Follow these tips and tricks on how to properly wrap your exhaust manifolds to reduce underhood temperatures.