Corvette Style 2-1/2 Inch Ram Horn Exhaust Manifold
Universal Fit, Natural, Square Port Flange Style, 2-1/2 Inch Collector Diameter
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These "rams horn" cast iron manifolds were patterned off the 1962-63 327 Corvette but are not OEM remanufactured manifolds. They feature the big 2-1/2" diameter outlets and have provisions to accept original alternator type brackets.
These headers are copies of the original headers on the 62-63 Corvettes and can be used on almost any small block application. The cast in brackets are for the water tank on the drivers side and generator bracket on the passenger side. These can be cut off and smoothed per customers preference. These are a square port configuration with 1-5/8” top to bottom and also side to side. Compare to your head port size for compatibility.
- 1962-63 327 Corvette
- 2-1/2" diameter outlets
- Use on almost any small block application up until the advent of the LS series engines in 1999
- Use with 3 bolt header reducer/collector
- Sold each, specify right or left.
- Gaskets and bolts/hardware are not included
Item DetailsBoth L and R sides include alternator boss
- Both the left and right sides include a mounting boss on the front of the manifold. If it is not required or needed, it can be machined off if necessary by the end user / installer.
- Ports measure 1-5/16” side to side and top to bottom Has sufficient material for porting/matching to your head.
- If using on original '62-'63 Corvette:
- Generator mounts on passenger side (right side, 4.5" bolt centers)
- Water tank mounts on drivers side (left side, 3.5" bolt centers)
These manifolds will bolt onto the Chevy small block engines up until the advent of the LS series engines in 1999. They are copy of the stock 62-63 Corvettes where the passenger side manifold is cast with the boss for the generator and the drivers side is cast with the mounting boss for the water tank. This is reverse of the later years and the possibility of adapting to different accessories such as the A/C compressor would be up to the installer. These are specific to the 62-63 Corvette for accessory mounting. No issues with high compression engines have been noted.
These manifolds will work with the standard port small block Chevy engines. Fit to your application can be verified by some basic measurements as follows: * A” dimension from the head to outer edge of the collector flange is 4-1/32” * Center of head mounting bolt to bottom of collector flange is 4-3/16” * Center of head mounting bolt to highest point of manifold is 2-3/4” * Right Manifold: Accessory bolt boss center-to-center is 4.5" * Left Manifold: Accessory bolt boss center-to-center is 3.5" The outlet is directly below the center two ports on the head. You will need to verify clearance on your steering and cross member for exhaust hook up.
- Header Dimension A: 4.00" Manifold Dimensions (GIF)
- Overall Length: 20.25"
- Overall Height: 6.50"
- Center to Center: 3.50"
- Collector Diameter: 2.50"
- Notes: Center of head mounting bolt to bottom of collector flange is 4-3/16", to highest point of manifold is 2-3/4"
- Header Dimension A: 4.0313" Manifold Dimensions (GIF)
- Overall Length: 21.00"
- Center to Center: 4.50"
- Collector Diameter: 2.50"
- Inlet Size: 1.3125"
- Notes: Distance from head mounting bolt to collector flange bottom is 4.1875". Center of head mount to highest point is 2.75".
More Like This
Corvette-Style 2-1/2 Inch Ram Horn Exhaust Manifolds, Pair
Smoothie Rams Horn Exhaust Manifolds, Small Block Chevy, Silver
Smoothie Rams Horn Exhaust Manifolds, Small Block Chevy, Chrome
Smoothie Rams Horn Exhaust Manifolds, Small Block Chevy, Raw
Smoothie Rams Horn Exhaust Manifolds, Small Block Chevy, Black
Tru-Ram? Small Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds, Cast Iron
Tru-Ram? SBC Exhaust Manifolds, Unpolished Stainless
Tru-Ram Cast Iron Ford Y-Block V8 Exhaust Manifolds
Tru-Ram® Big Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds, Unpolished
Hooker Headers 8501HKR LS Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
Q & A
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.