COMP Cams CL31-218-2 S/B Ford Hi Energy Cam & Lifter Kit 1500-5500 RPM
Ford Small Block V8, 0.456" Intake Valve Lift w/ Rocker Arm Ratio
- Kit includes a new camshaft, new hydraulic lifters and camshaft lube
- 268H grind with an RPM range of 1500-5500
- Provides more mid-range power and slightly lower gears
- Intake and exhaust valve lift with rocker arm ratio is 0.456"
These COMP Cams camshaft and lifter kits are just the ticket whether its for a daily driver or hot street machine. These "CL" kits include new camshaft, new hydraulic lifters and camshaft lube.
Good for daily driven performance vehicles. Mid-range power. Slightly lower gears. Mild rough idle.
282-312182 Specs (PDF)
Item Details268H Grind, 1500-5500 RPM Range
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Picking the right camshaft can be a challenge. Use our camshaft selection guide to learn how to select the right cam for your street rod's best performance.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.