COMP Cams CL12-602-4 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
Chevy Small Block V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 295 Intake Duration
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. For '58-'98 262-400 cid Small Block Engines w/ Flat Tappet Cam - Street/Strip, Needs 9.5:1 Compression, 2800+ Stall, Intake, Gears & Headers, Very Rough Idle. Thumpr. SMALL BLOCK CHEVY Hydraulic CAM AND LIFTER KIT - Big Mutha' Thumpr: Street/strip, needs 9.5:1 compression, 2800+ stall, intake, gears and headers, very rough idle.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
Application1955-86 Chevy 262-400
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.