COMP Cams 851-1 High Energy Lifter, Hydraulic roller, Ford, Each
289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8, 351W Ford Small Block V8, OEM Link Bar
COMP Cams Hydraulic Roller Lifters are a performance upgrade for stock Hydraulic Roller lifters or retro-fit Hydraulic Roller lifters for non-roller blocks. The roller wheel decreases friction and increases longevity when compared to flat tappet lifters. Hydraulic Roller lifters can handle much more aggressive cam profiles than flat tappets unlocking performance potential.
- Patented orifice metering valve precisely meters oil to the rocker arms
- Continuous contact between the metering valve and pushrod seat is maintained, eliminating excessive oiling at high engine speeds
- Pushrod seat is made of a special powdered metal iron alloy that is heat-treated for strength and wear resistance
- Contain a longer piston than conventional hydraulic lifters, which provides more load bearing surface and increases lifter longevity
- Lightweight check valve disc allows for quicker response, which results in increased engine speed before valve float
- Lightweight check valve disc maintains added control at all engine speeds and loads
Application1977-92 Lincoln 302
1964-93 Mercury 289-351
1963-95 Ford 289-351
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 6 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
COMP Cams 832-1 High Energy Lifter, Hydraulic flat tappet, Ford, Each
COMP Cams 851-16 High Energy Lifters, Hydraulic roller, Ford, Set
COMP Cams 851-12 High Energy Lifters, Hydraulic roller, Ford, Set
COMP Cams 832-16 High Energy Lifters, Hydraulic flat tappet, Ford, Set
COMP Cams 817-1 Performance Series Lifter, Solid Flat Tappet, Ford, EA
COMP Cams 862-1 Pro Magnum Lifter, Hydraulic flat tappet, Ford, Each
COMP Cams 2910-1 Lifter, Solid flat tappet, Ford S/B, Each
COMP Cams 833-1 Lifter, Solid flat tappet, Chevy, Ford, Each
COMP Cams 84035-1 Race Lifter, Hydraulic flat tappet, Each
COMP Cams 884-16 Hi-Tech Lifters, Hydraulic flat tappet, Ford, Set
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
A guide on how to check piston to valve clearance to prevent interference. See what tools are used to make this process easier.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.