COMP Cams 812-12 High Energy Lifters, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Chevy V6
194 Chevy Inline Six, 292 Chevy Inline Six, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifter Type, None Link Bar
COMP Cams High Energy Hydraulic Lifters for Chevy Strait 6 & V6, Set of 12.
High Energy Hydraulic lifters have a patented constant orifice metering valve that precisely meters oil to the rocker arms. Continuous contact between the metering valve and pushrod seat is maintained, eliminating excessive oiling at high engine speeds. The pushrod seat is made of a special powdered metal iron alloy that is heat-treated for strength and wear resistance. In addition, High Energy Lifters have a lightweight check valve disc that allows for quicker response, which results in increased engine speed before valve float. This check valve disc also maintains added control at all engine speeds and loads. COMP Cams High Energy Hydraulic Lifters also contain a longer piston than conventional Hydraulic lifters, which provides more load bearing surface and increases lifter longevity.
- Patented orifice metering valve precisely meters oil to the rocker arms
- Continuous contact between the metering valve and pushrod seat is maintained, eliminating excessive oiling at high engine speeds
- Pushrod seat is made of a special powdered metal iron alloy that is heat-treated for strength and wear resistance
- Contain a longer piston than conventional hydraulic lifters, which provides more load bearing surface and increases lifter longevity
- Lightweight check valve disc allows for quicker response, which results in increased engine speed before valve float
- Lightweight check valve disc maintains added control at all engine speeds and loads
- Inline 6 Cylinder, Gen 3: 194-to-250 c.i.d.
- 90 deg V6: 200-229 c.i.d. ('78-'84)
- 90 deg V6: 262 c.i.d. / 4.3L ('85+)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 4 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
COMP Cams 812-1 High Energy Lifter, Hydraulic flat tappet, Chevy, Each
COMP Cams 2900-1 Performance Series Lifter, Solid Flat Tappet, SBC, EA
COMP Cams 813-12 Lifters, Solid flat tappet, Chevy, Set
COMP Cams 812-16 High Energy Chevy Hydraulic Lifters
COMP Cams 858-12 Pro Magnum Hydraulic Lifters, Chevy, Set of 12
COMP Cams 84000-1 Lifter, Hydraulic flat tappet, Chevy, Each
COMP Cams 2900-8 Performance Series Lifters, Solid Flat Tappet, Chevy
COMP Cams 858-1 Pro Magnum Lifter, Hydraulic flat tappet, Chevy, Each
COMP Cams 853-2 High Energy Lifters, Hydraulic roller, Chevy, Pair
COMP Cams 800-1 Performance Series Lifter, Solid flat tappet, Each
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
A guide on how to check piston to valve clearance to prevent interference. See what tools are used to make this process easier.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.