COMP Cams 44-704-9 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Ford 3.8/4.2L
3.8 Ford V6, 4.2 Ford V6, Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshaft Type, 1800 to 6200 RPM Range
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Ford 3.8L & 4.2L V6 1989-Present. Max strip and street cam, requires spring and computer modifications. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1989-2004 Ford 232-256
More Like This
COMP Cams 44-703-9 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Ford 3.8/4.2L
COMP Cams 44-702-9 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Ford 3.8/4.2L
COMP Cams 09-412-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 90 Degree V6
COMP Cams 18-415-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 4.3 V6
COMP Cams 49-422-8 High Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Ford 4.0L V6
COMP Cams 56-440-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 4.3L
COMP Cams 56-450-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 4.3L
COMP Cams 09-415-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 90 Degree V6
COMP Cams 18-412-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy V6
COMP Cams 54-457-11 LSR Series Hyd. Roller Camshaft, LS
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.