BluePrint 496 Big Block Chevy Crate Engine
- This product is discontinued.
This 496 B/B Chevy motor is a Speedway Exclusive! Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each engine is dyno tested (includes individual dyno sheet) and comes with a 30 month/50,000 mile warranty. Each crate engine is built to crank out 480 hp @ 5200 rpm and 550 ft.-lbs. @ 4000 rpm.
- 480 hp @ 5200 rpm
- 550 ft.-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
- 4 bolt main .060" over block
- Two piece rear seal, passenger side dipstick
- New cast steel crankshaft externally balanced, 4.250" stroke
- New 4340 forged connecting rods
- Hypereutectic flat top pistons
- 9:1 compression ratio
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- New 168 tooth flexplate
- Chrome valve covers and timing cover
- Power + Crosswind dual plane aluminum intake manifold
- Melling high volume oil pump
- GM cast iron oval port heads
- Screw-in studs and guide plates
- Hardened retainers and performance valve springs
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- New HEI distributor
- 2500 stall converter recommended
Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details.
Flat tappet hydraulic camshafts
.556 Intake lift
.556 Exhaust lift
236 Intake duration at .050
236 Exhaust duration at .050
On a 110 deg lobe separation.
WarrantiesFor information on BluePrint Engines warranty Click Here.
More Like This
BluePrint Roller 496 B/B Chevy Engine
BluePrint BP4963CTC GM 496 Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP4963CT GM 496 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP4966CTC GM 496 Stroker, Base Dressed Engine, Cast Heads
BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint MBP4960CT GM 496 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint MBP4960CTC GM 496 Dressed Marine Engine, Cast Iron Heads
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Crate Engine
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BPF4083CTC Ford 408 Stroker, Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads
Q & A
Videos & Articles
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.