BluePrint MBP3550CT GM 355 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 355 Base Marine Engine - Cast Iron Vortec Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 365 HP / 390 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: MBP3550CT
- Seasoned 4 bolt main block
- One piece rear main seal
- Max bore .040
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Sonic tested to assure wall thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft-externally balanced
- Chevy heavy beam rods resized and clearance improved
- 150,000 PSI rod bolts
- Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings moly rings
- New Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing
- GM Vortec cast iron cylinder heads
- 1.25 dia. valve springs, hardened retainers and keepers
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Elgin hardened push rods
- Long slot rockers with positive lock adjusting nuts
- Cam Type: Flat tappet
- .480 Intake .489 Exhaust
- 226 Intake / 236 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees at 3500 rpm
- New cast iron marine intake
- Polished aluminum valve covers
- Rubber coated steel oil pan
- Brass freeze plugs
- All engines are dyno tested on a state of the art DTS dyno and ship with a complete spec sheet
- 12 month unlimited hour on pleasurecraft only. No warranty on commercial use.
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 227MBP3550CT is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint 496 Stroker Longblock, Aluminum Heads, Power Adder
BluePrint 540 ProSeries Stroker Longblock, Power Adder
BluePrint 632 ProSeries Stroker Longblock, Fuel Injected
BluePrint 376 LS3 Longblock, Aluminum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint 350 Chevy Dressed Longblock with Carburetor, Pulley Kit
BluePrint 383, Dressed, Aluminum Heads, Roller Cam, 87 Octane
BluePrint 598 ProSeries Stroker Shortblock, Standard Deck
BluePrint PSM5400CTC1 Chevy 540 Pro Series Marine, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.