AFCO 20228XHD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 238 Lb. Rate
67-81 Chevy Camaro, 1968 Chevy Chevy II, 69-74 Chevy Nova, Oval Track Cars, Rear Position
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Racers using multi-leaf springs realize the importance of accurate arch, load capacity and durability. This AFCO leaf spring is the highest quality racing spring available and give you features not available in any other leaf spring. This multi-leaf spring is constructed from high-quality chrom-vanadium steel and set to actual arch following the closest standards in the racing industry. This spring is then heat-treated to provide long life. The final process includes shot-peening to relieve stress in the materials.
Front bushing is included.
- Chrom-vanadium alloy spring steel material is superior to others and provides consistent rates over a longer life span
- Teflon rub blocks between leafs reduces friction and maintains consistency of rate
- Tapered leafs reduce stress by 30-40%, prevents loss of arch
- Front bushing included
- Shot-peened after arching to reduce tensile stress, provides 3-5 times more service life to the spring
- Fits 1967-81 cars
- Car Weight: 3000-3400 lbs
- Arch: 6-3/8"
- Nominal Rate: 238
- Most popular choice rate for stock replacement are 153 (20228LW) or 176 (20228)
AFCO Spring Rate Chart (GIF)
Item DetailsRate: 238, True Arch: 6.375"
- Center of Eye to Center of Eye: 53 ½”
- Rear Bushing Center to Pin Hole: 29”
- Front Eye to Pin: 24 ½”
More Like This
AFCO 20228LW Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 153 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228 Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 176 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228HD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 205 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228HDRF Camaro/Nova Reinforced Front Segment Leaf Spring-205 Lb
AFCO 20228RF Camaro/Nova Reinforced Front Segment Leaf Spring, 176 Lb.
D&R Classic K00034-STD Multi 5-Leaf Springs, 67-81 Camaro/68-74 Nova
Landrum Springs 21-348SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 250 Lb. Rate
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Landrum Springs 21-342SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 225 Lb. Rate
Q & A
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.
In this Tech Tip, John helps to sort out some fresh suspension for a customer’s ’70 Nova.
Speedway Street Tech Kevin goes over the install of the TCI 1949-54 Chevy Car Rear Leaf Spring Kit on his '54 BelAir sedan.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.