AFCO 20228 Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 176 Lb. Rate
Rear Position, Standard Eye Leaf Spring Eye Type, 176 lbs. Spring Rate, 53.5" Length Eye to Eye
Racers using multi-leaf springs realize the importance of accurate arch, load capacity and durability. This AFCO leaf spring is the highest quality racing spring available and give you features not available in any other leaf spring. This multi-leaf spring is constructed from high-quality chrom-vanadium steel and set to actual arch following the closest standards in the racing industry. This spring is then heat-treated to provide long life. The final process includes shot-peening to relieve stress in the materials.
- Chrom-vanadium alloy spring steel material is superior to others and provides consistent rates over a longer life span
- Teflon rub blocks between leafs reduces friction and maintains consistency of rate
- Tapered leafs reduce stress by 30-40%, prevents loss of arch
- Front bushing included
- Shot-peened after arching to reduce tensile stress, provides 3-5 times more service life to the spring
- Fits 1967-81 cars
- Car Weight: 2500-3000 lbs
- Arch: 6-3/8" (measured from the center of the bushing to the underside of the arch)
- Nominal Rate: 176
- Most popular choice rate for stock replacement big block cars
Front bushing is included.
AFCO Spring Rate Chart (GIF)
Rate: 176, True Arch: 6.375"
- Center of Eye to Center of Eye: 53 ½”
- Rear Bushing Center to Pin Hole: 29”
- Front Eye to Pin: 24 ½”
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
AFCO 20228LW Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 153 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228XHD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 238 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228HD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 205 Lb. Rate
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Landrum 21-342SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Landrum 21-344SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 225 Lb. Rate
Landrum 21-340SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Speedway Chrysler Type Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Speedway Chrysler Type Multi-Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Learn how to lower a hot rod by modifying the axles and some history behind early hop ups. This project features a Ford axle with wishbones for a Model A.
Speedway Street Tech Kevin goes over the install of the TCI 1949-54 Chevy Car Rear Leaf Spring Kit on his '54 BelAir sedan.
Get a good foundation on racing shocks and their different functions. Learn about the fundamentals and the pros and cons between various types of shocks available.
Learn about the steps and tools necessary for a smooth chassis assembly for your sprint car.