AFCO 20228HD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 205 Lb. Rate
67-81 Chevy Camaro, 1968 Chevy Chevy II, 69-74 Chevy Nova, Oval Track Cars, Rear Position
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Racers using multi-leaf springs realize the importance of accurate arch, load capacity and durability. This AFCO leaf spring is the highest quality racing spring available and gives you features not available in any other leaf spring. This multi-leaf spring is constructed from high-quality chrom-vanadium steel and set to actual arch following the closest standards in the racing industry. This spring is then heat-treated to provide long life. The final process includes shot-peening to relieve stress in the materials.
- Center of Eye to Center of Eye: 53 ½”
- Rear Bushing Center to Pin Hole: 29”
- Front Eye to Pin: 24 ½”
- Chrom-vanadium alloy spring steel material is superior to others and provides consistent rates over a longer life span
- Teflon rub blocks between leafs reduces friction and maintains consistency of rate
- Tapered leafs reduce stress by 30-40%, prevents loss of arch
- Front bushing included
- Shot-peened after arching to reduce tensile stress, provides 3-5 times more service life to the spring
- Fits 1967-81 cars
- Car Weight: 3000-3400 lbs
- Arch: 6-3/8" (measured from the center of the bushing to the underside of the arch)
- Nominal Rate: 205
- Most popular choice rate for stock replacement are 153 (20228LW) or 176 (20228)
AFCO Spring Rate Chart (GIF)
Rate: 205, True Arch: 6.375"
- Street Stocks and Super Stocks - Dirt
- Recommended Dirt Shocks - Spring
- Left Rear
- Camaro Frame
- Left Rear
More Like This
AFCO 20228LW Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 153 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228XHD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 238 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228 Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 176 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228HDRF Camaro/Nova Reinforced Front Segment Leaf Spring-205 Lb
AFCO 20228RF Camaro/Nova Reinforced Front Segment Leaf Spring, 176 Lb.
D&R Classic K00034-STD Multi 5-Leaf Springs, 67-81 Camaro/68-74 Nova
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 225 Lb. Rate
Landrum 21-348SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 250 Lb. Rate
Landrum 21-342SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Q & A
Get up to date with the latest rule change and successfully update your sprint car support bars with the help of our very own Jason Martin!
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Speedway Street Tech Kevin goes over the install of the TCI 1949-54 Chevy Car Rear Leaf Spring Kit on his '54 BelAir sedan.
In this article, Heath P. talks about one of the most important parts of a hot rod, the front axle. He will walk you through the history of the front axle and how to properly assemble it for your car.
How to replace sway bars in a Mercury Comet and the advantages that come with it.
Check out this coil-over mounting guide to learn about determining your spring rate, compensating for mounted angle, and measuring a replacement shock accurately.