AFCO 20228HD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 205 Lb. Rate
Rear Position, Standard Eye Leaf Spring Eye Type, 205 lbs. Spring Rate, 53.5" Length Eye to Eye
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Racers using multi-leaf springs realize the importance of accurate arch, load capacity and durability. This AFCO leaf spring is the highest quality racing spring available and gives you features not available in any other leaf spring. This multi-leaf spring is constructed from high-quality chrom-vanadium steel and set to actual arch following the closest standards in the racing industry. This spring is then heat-treated to provide long life. The final process includes shot-peening to relieve stress in the materials.
- Center of Eye to Center of Eye: 53 ½”
- Rear Bushing Center to Pin Hole: 29”
- Front Eye to Pin: 24 ½”
- Chrom-vanadium alloy spring steel material is superior to others and provides consistent rates over a longer life span
- Teflon rub blocks between leafs reduces friction and maintains consistency of rate
- Tapered leafs reduce stress by 30-40%, prevents loss of arch
- Front bushing included
- Shot-peened after arching to reduce tensile stress, provides 3-5 times more service life to the spring
- Fits 1967-81 cars
- Car Weight: 3000-3400 lbs
- Arch: 6-3/8" (measured from the center of the bushing to the underside of the arch)
- Nominal Rate: 205
- Most popular choice rate for stock replacement are 153 (20228LW) or 176 (20228)
AFCO Spring Rate Chart (GIF)
Rate: 205, True Arch: 6.375"
- Street Stocks and Super Stocks - Dirt
- Recommended Dirt Shocks - Spring
- Left Rear
- Camaro Frame
- Left Rear
More Like This
AFCO 20228LW Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 153 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228XHD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 238 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228 Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 176 Lb. Rate
AFCO 20228HDRF Camaro/Nova Reinforced Front Segment Leaf Spring-205 Lb
AFCO 20228RF Camaro/Nova Reinforced Front Segment Leaf Spring, 176 Lb.
D&R Classic K00034-STD Multi 5-Leaf Springs, 67-81 Camaro/68-74 Nova
RideTech 11264799 Composite Leaf Springs, 68-74 Nova
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 225 Lb. Rate
Speedway Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Landrum 21-348SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 250 Lb. Rate
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Follow along as Kyle Vanover share tips on how to keep your shocks clean.
Kyle Vanover explains the results of tires rubbing on shocks. Check out this video and give the Speedway Motors Shock Tech department a call for assistance.
Kyle Vanover discusses how dents affect racing shocks. Learn how monotubes and twin tubes are affected by damage differently.
Learn how to lower a hot rod by modifying the axles and some history behind early hop ups. This project features a Ford axle with wishbones for a Model A.