9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1957-86 S/B Chevy
Chevy Small Block V8, Dual Plane Intake Manifold Type, Three Carburetor Quantity, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
This tri power kit uses the Edelbrock C-357-B S/B Chevy 3x2 intake with Speedway's 9 Super 7® carbs. It has progressive linkage to give you good driveability and economy, but power when you need it. The manifold has a balanced 180° firing order port runner arrangement. It contains an exhaust gas heat riser and offers excellent performance potential. (idle-5500 rpm)
Kit includes three carbs, the intake, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required. Fits 1957-1986 Chevy 262-400 c.i.d. small-block Chevys.
Note: Not applicable to an HEI based distributor system due to a clearance issue. This system must be used in conjunction with a small diameter based distributor.
The 9Super7 Carb makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7 in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- Three Deuce carburetor setups come with two "secondary" carbs for front and rear intake position and one "primary" carb for central/middle position
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
- Primary Carb - (1) Middle Position
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Secondary Carb - (2) Front and Rear Position
- Special base plate with no idle circuits or choke linkage
- Special butterflies and shafts installed
- Works best with progressive linkage
- Idle only off the center or main carburetor
- No more plug foul
Note: The secondary carbs have NO choke, and they have NO idle system.
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9Super7 ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor. A fuel regulator such as # 560-58500 must be utilized in order to keep proper fuel pressure at the 1-1/2 to 4 psi range.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
See what other industry experts are saying about the 9 Super 7 ® here.
- Carb center-to-center: 5-1/2".
- Port exit dimensions: 1.12" x 1.87"
What's In The Kit
Edelbrock 5418 Small Block Chevy 3x2 3-Bolt Carb Intake ManifoldPart # 3255418Qty x 1
9.5 Inch Swedged Aluminum Throttle Linkage Tubes, 3/16 (10-32) ThreadPart # 94055301-9.5Qty x 1
Progressive Slide LinkPart # 1356686Qty x 1
3 1/2" Single End 3/16" TubePart # 1356688Qty x 1
3 x 2 9 Super 7 Linkage KitPart # 1356723Qty x 1
97-Style Carburetor Fuel Inlet Fitting, 1/2 In-20 to 5/16 Hose, ChromePart # 91611066Qty x 3
Red See-Through Fuel Line Hose, 5/16 Inch I.D. x 6 Ft.Part # 91011449Qty x 1
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain FinishPart # 91511655Qty x 1
1 1/4" Carb Stud Kit Bag of 4Part # 13559Qty x 3
Straight Chrome Fitting, 3/8 Inch Hose to 3/8 Inch NPTPart # 91611058Qty x 1
Straight Chrome Fitting, 5/16 Inch Hose to 1/4 Inch NPTPart # 91611048Qty x 3
Speedway Three Outlet T-Style Chrome Fuel Distribution BlockPart # 5506151Qty x 1
Tri-Bar Wing Nut Style Air CleanersPart # 91011018Qty x 3
Speedway Small Block Chevy Intake Gasket Set, 1204 Style, StandardPart # 91010206Qty x 1
Stromberg 97-Style Center Carb Throttle Shaft ArmPart # 5606181Qty x 1
Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain FinishPart # 91511656Qty x 2
Stromberg 97-Style Extended Throttle Shaft ArmPart # 5606180Qty x 2
More Like This
Chrome 9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1957-86 S/B Chevy
Edelbrock Small Block Chevy Dual Quad Intake/Carburetor Kit
Edelbrock Small Block Chevy Dual Quad Set-Up
Edelbrock Chevy Vortec Dual Quad Set-Up
Small Block Chevy Street Tunnel Ram Kit, Polished Scoop
Shotgun Bill's Scoop® S/B Chevy Tunnel Ram Intake/Carb Kit
Small Block Chevy Street Tunnel Ram Kit, Plain Scoop
Edelbrock 2025 RPM Air-Gap Dual-Quad Intake Manifold/Carburetor Kit
Edelbrock 2004 Performer Single-Quad Intake Manifold/Carburetor Kit
Edelbrock 2021 Single-Quad Intake Manifold/Carburetor Kit, Chevy
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim talks about his favorite intake manifold, the Might Edelbrock X1.
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.