9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Edelbrock Intake Manifold Kit 1949-53 Flathead
Three Carburetor Quantity, 2-Barrel Carburetor Barrels, Manual Choke Type, Natural, Satin
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
This tri power kit uses the famous Edelbrock 3x2 intake with Speedway's 9 Super 7® carbs. It has progressive linkage to give you good driveability and economy, but power when you need it. Includes three carbs, the intake, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
The 9Super7 Carb ® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7 in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- For 1949-53 Ford/Mercury Flathead
- Front 1-3/8" diameter oil fill
- 1-1/4" road draft bosses and a raised fuel pump boss
- Carb spacing is 5-1/8"
- Made in the USA
- Manifold height: A-3.66", B-3.66"
- Port exit dimensions: 1.3" x 1.7"
- Three Deuce carburetor setups come with two "secondary" carbs for front and rear intake position and one "primary" carb for central/middle position
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
- Primary Carb - (1) Middle Position
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Secondary Carb - (2) Front and Rear Position
- Special base plate with no idle circuits or choke linkage
- Special butterflies and shafts installed
- Works best with progressive linkage
- Idle only off the center or main carburetor
- No more plug foul
Note: The secondary carbs have NO choke, and they have NO idle system.
Note: Not recommended for use with Ethanol fuels.
- Use carb stud kit #8006: generator stud kit #8506
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9Super7 Carb ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor.
- There are no provisions for a vacuum advance line. Ford & Mercury engines 1949-1953 using stock distributors will need an alternative place to connect the vacuum line.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
What's In The Kit
Edelbrock 1109 1949-53 Ford Flathead Triple Deuce Intake ManifoldPart # 3251109Qty x 1
9 Inch Swedged Aluminum Throttle Linkage Tubes, 3/16 (10-32) ThreadPart # 94055301-9Qty x 1
Progressive Slide LinkPart # 1356686Qty x 1
3" Single End 3/16" TubePart # 1356687Qty x 1
3 x 2 9 Super 7 Linkage KitPart # 1356723Qty x 1
97-Style Carburetor Fuel Inlet Fitting, 1/2 In-20 to 5/16 Hose, ChromePart # 91611066Qty x 3
Red See-Through Fuel Line Hose, 5/16 Inch I.D. x 6 Ft.Part # 91011449Qty x 1
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain FinishPart # 91511655Qty x 1
1 1/4" Carb Stud Kit Bag of 4Part # 13559Qty x 3
Straight Chrome Fitting, 3/8 Inch Hose to 3/8 Inch NPTPart # 91611058Qty x 1
Straight Chrome Fitting, 5/16 Inch Hose to 1/4 Inch NPTPart # 91611048Qty x 3
Speedway Three Outlet T-Style Chrome Fuel Distribution BlockPart # 5506151Qty x 1
Helmet Style Air CleanersPart # 91011025Qty x 3
1949-1953 Ford Flathead Intake Manifold GasketPart # 91021005Qty x 1
Stromberg 97-Style Center Carb Throttle Shaft ArmPart # 5606181Qty x 1
Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain FinishPart # 91511656Qty x 2
Stromberg 97-Style Extended Throttle Shaft ArmPart # 5606180Qty x 2
More Like This
Chrome 9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Edelbrock Intake Manifold Kit 1938-48 Flathead
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1942-48 Flathead
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1932-41 Flathead
9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Edelbrock Intake Manifold Kit 1938-48 Flathead
9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Meyer Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
Chrome 9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1938-48 Flathead
Chrome 9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
Q & A
Speedway Motors Product Manager Jeff K. talks about how to really make your engine bay stand out from the crowd with just a little patience, and some Speedway products.
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.
Dave gives a few tips on how to select the appropriate intake manifold for your project.