1935-40 Bolt Together Chassis Kit, MII-IFS & Coil-Over Rear Suspension
- Build a strong foundation for your '35-'40 Ford with this completely bolt together frame kit
- Frame rails are laser cut, 11 gauge steel C-channel, welded on a rail fixture to ensure correct curvature and with all OEM holes pre-drilled for ease of assembly
- Bolt on front crossmember features proven Mustang II geometry for increased handling and performance and interlocking boxing plates for additional strength, IFS kits sold separately
- Speedway exclusive bolt in X-member made of 1-1/2" O.D. .095" wall steel tubing. Includes bolt-in boxing plates, drop-out transmission mount, brake pedal and booster/master cylinder mount and hardware. Accepts standard GM automatic transmission mounting as well other popular transmissions and works with 2" exhaust tubing
- New Ford 9" rear housing and triangulated four bar suspension with updated coil over shocks offers adjustability and improved handling over stock leaf springs
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
This complete front and rear independent suspension kit contains everything you need to build a great foundation for your fat-fendered 1935-1940 Ford. There is no welding required and all components bolt together.
- Pair of 11 gauge frame rails
- Speedway exclusive Bolt together center X-member
- Bolt-On Mustang II Crossmember assembly
- Rear frame cross support
Also Includes - Bolt-On triangulated rear four-bar kit!
- 56” wide 9” Ford housing with all mounts welded
- 4-link kit
- Coil-over assemblies
- 1935-40 Ford Frame Rails (91603540): Laser cut C-channel frame rails welded on a rail fixture to ensure correct curvature with all OEM holes pre-drilled for ease of assembly.
- 1935-40 Ford Bolt-In Tubular X-member (91063540): Designed for stoc, original 1935-40 Ford frames and made of 1-1/2" O.D. .095" wall steel tubing. Includes bolt-in boxing plates, drop-out transmisson mount, brake pedal and booster/master cylinder mount and hardware. Accepts standard GM automatic transmission mounting as well other popular transmissions and works with 2" exhaust tubing.
- Bolt-in Brake Pedal Kit (91073540): Designed for use with our OEM replacement Tubular X-member for 1935-40 Fords.
- 1935-40 Ford Bolt-In Rear Frame Cross Support (91083540): Bolt in channeled rear support and gussets for '35-'40 Ford cars. Includes a crossmember and the bolts to attach it.
Note: This crossmember must be used with the non-strut rod type lower control arms. As designed, it will not work with stock type or the O/E type lower control arms that make use of a strut rod.
- AFCO 23250CR 10 Inch Extreme Chrome Coil-Over Spring, 250 Rate (10623250CR): High quality chrome finish looks great from any angle - not just on the outside edge. Built with industry exlusive 360° polished wire and carries a lifetime warranty to remain within 2% of the original nominal free height.
- QA1 US402 Adjustable Shock and Coilover Kit w/o Spring, 12 Inch (7214855): These premium aluminum bodied shocks are not a revalved race shock - they were built specifically for street rods. QA1 shocks feature 18 easily adjustable rebound settings to fine tune your hot rod's ride. Comes with steel coilover sleeves for the shock eyes to fit 1/2" bolts or 5/8" bolts. Features: - Billet aluminm body, - 5/8" centerless ground, hard chrome plated solid piston rod, - Deflective Disc Valving, - 3-step sealing system, - 18-position adjuster knob changes the rebound valving, - Allows suspension control in one easy-to-reach location, - 100% dyno tested and serialized, -Revalvalveable and rebuildable by QA1 authorized service centers
- Bolt-In 1935-40 Ford Triangulated Four-Bar Rear Suspension Kit (91003540): Allows you to assemble a complete frame and suspension using only basic hand tools and a drill. Will greatly improve both the ride quality and handling. Features: New 9" Currie 56" long housing with welded brackets, Chromoly four bars with urethane bushings, 11" steel bodied coil-over shocks. Allows for a maximum tire width of 8" if used with stock '35-'40 Ford fenders.
91063540 Instructions (PDF)
What's In The Kit
Speedway 1935-40 Ford Steel Frame RailsPart # 91603540Qty x 1
Speedway 1935-40 Ford Bolt-In Tubular X-member CrossmemberPart # 91063540Qty x 1
Bolt-in Brake Pedal Kit for 91063540Part # 91073540Qty x 1
Speedway 1935-40 Ford Bolt-In Rear Frame Cross SupportPart # 91083540Qty x 1
Bolt-In 1935-40 Ford Mustang II CrossmemberPart # 91043540Qty x 1
AFCO 23250CR 10 Inch Extreme Chrome Coil-Over Spring, 250 RatePart # 10623250CRQty x 2
QA1 US402 Adjustable Shock and Coilover Kit w/o Spring, 12 InchPart # 7214855Qty x 2
Lower Radius RodPart # 91003540.12Qty x 2
Upper Radius RodPart # 91003540.13Qty x 2
Frame Mount for 91003540Part # 91003540.14-LQty x 1
Frame Mount for 91003540Part # 91003540.14-RQty x 1
Coil Over Mount CrossmemberPart # 91003540.40Qty x 1
Hardware Kit for 91003540Part # 91003540.50Qty x 1
9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 56 InchPart # 91003540.70Qty x 1
Q & A
This article guides you through the process of repairing and painting a subframe for a 1967 Poncho Firebird. See how the front suspension gets an overhaul including new G-comp spindles and a disc brake kit.
Incorporating a Model A rear cross member and a high arc stock spring into a roadster build.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
In this Tech Tip, John answers a customer question about what would be needed to swap some additional power in place of his anemic 233c.i. Ford.
Follow this guide on how to install a splined sway bar for GM A-body applications. See the installation process on a '68 Chevelle frame using stock control arms and factory chassis bolt and pad locations.