Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Black Painted
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These S/B Chevy Clipster headers are for 1964-87 GM A*, F* and G-Body cars and fit many street rod applications with uni-body front clip suspensions. Clipster headers use longer primaries than Tight Tucks, yet shorter than full length headers. Collectors exit toward the rear of the engine compartment providing excellent ground clearance on "slammed" applications as well as clearing steering and suspension components.
1-5/8" primaries and 3" collectors. Fits straight or angle plug heads.
Header Sizing Chart (GIF)
WARNING: This header will require the use of Autolite 'short' style spark plugs OR NGK BR8ECM type plugs to be used for clearance purposes. No other plugs or shorty plugs offered other than Autolite branded 'shorty' plugs will clear.
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1967-1981 Camaro
- 1968-1981 Chevelle, Malibu
- 1964-1988 El Camino
- 1968-1979 Nova
- 1970-1988 Monte Carlo
- Works with angle plug heads.
- Will not work with D-port heads.
- May interfere with mechanical clutch linkage (substitute headers 930-0109).
- If fitting on an early A-Body, #5 primary tube may interfere with steering shaft. Some 'massaging' may be required.
- Will not fit with Saginaw Close Ratio 825 Steering Box.
- Does not fit 1967-69 Camaro with A/C.
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering.
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner and rags or sanded/sand blasted off.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Chrome
Speedway Small Block Chevy Street Stock Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Universal Street Rod Headers, Black Painted
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, Black Painted
Small Block Chevy 1935-48 Fat Fenderwell Headers, Black Painted
Small Block Chevy Classic T-Bucket Headers, Black Painted
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Black Painted
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Black Painted
Speedway Adjustable Small Block Chevy IMCA Headers, Black Painted
Q & A
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.