Wilwood Disc Brake Kit for 49-54 Chevy Spindles, 4-Piston, Steel Rotor
Universal Fit, Front Position, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 10.75 Inch Rotor Diameter
- Fits our modified original '49-'54 Chevy passenger car spindles. Not for stock '49-'54 passenger cars
- Anodized aluminum hubs drilled for both 5 on 4 1/2" and 5 on 4 3/4" bolt patterns
- Kit includes rotors, two-piston calipers, bearings, seals, steel brackets and all hardware
- Tube axle applications only
- Must use flat steering arms
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Check out this complete brake package for the modified Speedway Motors '49-'54 Chevy car spindles. These kits feature aluminum hubs, solid steel rotors, 4-piston aluminum calipers, bearings, seals, steel brackets, and all necessary hardware. Hubs are drilled for both 5 x 4.5" and 5 x 4.75" bolt patterns.
- Forged Dynalite four-piston calipers - black finish
- Polymatrix D brake pads
- .35" wide x 10-3/4" diameter solid steel rotors - black finish
- Caliper has a 1/8" NPT inlet
- This kit is not applicable to the original 1949-54 Chevy spindles as the spindle must be machined and modified to allow for the installation of this kit.
- If using steel wheels with this kit, you will also need to purchase (2) steel shims part 835-3007500. These shims will prevent steel wheelsfrom galling the aluminum hub.
- When using this kit with a tube axle, you must use flat steering arms. 15" minimum wheel diameter for all kits.
835-140151 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Basic Kit - 835 140150/140151Part # 83514015Qty x 1
4 Piston Caliper Brake Kit ChevyPart # 91631912-PLNQty x 1
Forged Dynalite-1.75/.380Part # 8351206818Qty x 2
Wilwood 150-8850 Poly-D 10 Double Quick Change Brake PadPart # 8353991Qty x 4
Instruction Sheet-Brake KitPart # 835140151-INSTQty x 1
More Like This
Wilwood Disc Brake Kit 1949-54 Chevy Spindles, 2-Piston, Steel Rotor
Total Performance Wilwood Bolt-On Front/Rear Brake Kit, Chevy Spindles
Speedway Front Disc Brake Kit for Spindle-Mount Wire Wheels
Brake Kit: 1969-77 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindles, Chevy B-P
Front Disc Brake Kit GM Metric/Mustang II to 1949-54 Chevy, 5 on 4-1/2
Track-T Front Disc Brake Kit
Basic Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit for 1978-88 GM Caliper, 1.59 In BS
Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit, 1978-88 GM Caliper, 1.59 Inch Backspace
Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, 1.96 Inch Backspace
Disc Brake Kit for Total Performance Spindles, 5 x 4-1/2
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
Want some brakes for your 1949-1954 Chevy spindles? Click here!
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.
Early Ford Bolt-on Brake Conversion