Wilwood 260-8419 Knob Style Proportioning Valve
Universal Fit, Disc Brake System Type, Knob Adjustable Proportioning Valve Type, Aluminum
- Has a 100 to 1500 psi range, up to 57% pressure reduction
- Compensates for weight transfer to the front wheels during braking
- Can also be used to adjust individual front wheel braking in dirt track applications
- Valve weighs only 5.2 ounces and has two .25" side mounting holes spaced 1.00" apart
- This device lets you adjust the front-to-rear braking balance by proportionally decreasing the rear brake line pressure
This device lets you adjust the front-to-rear braking balance by proportionally decreasing the rear (or in some cases the front) brake line pressure. Can also be used to adjust individual front wheel braking in dirt track applications. Valve weighs only 5.2 ounces and has two .25" side mounting holes spaced 1.00" apart.
- Allows easy adjustment of front to rear brake bias
- Universal design works on all race cars
- 100 to 1500 psi range, up to 57% pressure reduction
- Accepts 1/8"-27 NPT fittings
Compensates for weight transfer to the front wheels during braking. All factory brake systems allow for this in some fashion. An APV allows you to "fine tune" a street or race brake system and thus prevents severe rear brake lockup under moderate-to-heavy braking.
NotesUniversal design. 100 to 1500 psi range, up to 57% pressure reduction. Includes (2) 1/8 NPT to 3/8"-24 IFF fittings.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Speedway Polished Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve
Speedway Purple Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve
Wilwood 260-11179 Adjustable Proportioning Block
Wilwood 260-13190 LH Combination Proportioning Valve/Bracket
Wilwood 260-15048 RH Combination Proportioning Valve/Bracket
GM Disc/Drum Proportioning Valve for 1/2-20, 9/16-18 Outlets
Speedway Motors Brake Proportioning Valve Kit With Fittings
Adjustable Proportioning Blocks With Brake Light Switch
Brake Metering-Hold-Off Valve
GM Disc/Disc Proportioning Valve for 1/2-20, 9/16-18 Outlets
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
In this Tech Tip, John confirms a customer question regarding the need for a proportioning valve on his ’55 F100 brake build.
Project Chevelle upgrades the 4 drum brakes single master cylinder that was an unfortunate set of boxes checked on this Chevelle’s order sheet.
Looking for a performance or custom brake set-up? Whether you're replacing components or building your brakes from scratch, you may wonder what size master cylinder or booster to use. No need to worry, just follow our handy guide.
Learn about the different types of brake valves. Our guide covers Metering, Residual, Proportioning, and Combination valves to understand your brake system.
Follow this guide as Kevin explains how he upgraded the rear bolt-on caliper brackets and rotors on a '54 Chevy Belair.
Follow this guide to learn how the change of bore size on a master cylinder affects a four-wheel disc brake system. View the conversion chart to figure the total bore area for your brake setup.