UMI 2401-B 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, Coil Springs, Black
Front Position, K-Member Crossmember Type, Tubular Crossmember Style, Bolt-on Attachment Style
We all know weight equals horsepower. UMI’s direct bolt-in replacement K-member instantly removes 20 lbs of front end weight from your ride and helps your existing horsepower work for you. Strong dual tube construction and a host of high-strength features ensure the P/N 2401 will survive street use, drag strip blasts and autocross action. The K-member is fabricated from CNC machined 3/16” thick mild steel held together by a strong dual tube lower section. Factory clamshell and engine mounts bolt to the precision machined mounting pads while both factory and aftermarket suspension is located by strong boxed mounting points. Lightening holes are CNC machined into the mounting plates and the tubular construction provides added clearance for aftermarket exhaust. The modular design permits stock spring and strut use or simply remove the spring pockets and convert to coil-overs. Street and track testing on our ’89 IROC test car has shown this K-member to be strong, reliable and a great upgrade for your high performance ride. Available in tough powder coated red or black finish. Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA-USA
Features and benefits:
- 20 lbs lighter than stock
- Double tube construction for superior strength
- Strong 3/16” thick mild steel engine & suspension mounts held together with 1-1/2” dia DOM tubing
- CNC machined & jig-built for no hassle installation
- MIG and TIG welded for clean looks & superior strength
- Direct bolt-in design can be used with factory, UMI or other aftermarket a-arms as well as factory or aftermarket springs
- Includes six new Grade 10.9 mounting bolts
- Durable red or black powdercoat
- Modular design allows use of coil-overs and/or LS mounts for minimal cost
- Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA-USA
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for UMI Performance to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
UMI 2403-B 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, LSX,Stock Springs,Black
UMI 2403-R 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, LSX, Stock Springs, Red
UMI 2407-B 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, Road Race, Black
UMI 2404-B 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, LSX, Coilovers, Black
UMI 2401-R 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, Coil Springs, Red
UMI 2402-B 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, Coil Over, Black
UMI 2402-R 82-92 F-Body Tubular K-Member, Coil Over, Red
UMI 2321-R 98-02 F-Body K-Member LS1 Road Race Version, Red
UMI 2324-B 93-02 F-Body K-Member, Road Race, Motor Mounts, Black
UMI 2326-B 93-97 F-Body K-Member LT1 Road Race Version, Black
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
This article guides you through the process of repairing and painting a subframe for a 1967 Poncho Firebird. See how the front suspension gets an overhaul including new G-comp spindles and a disc brake kit.
Incorporating a Model A rear cross member and a high arc stock spring into a roadster build.
Get a good foundation on racing shocks and their different functions. Learn about the fundamentals and the pros and cons between various types of shocks available.
In this Tech Tip, John answers a customer question about what would be needed to swap some additional power in place of his anemic 233c.i. Ford.
Learn about the steps and tools necessary for a smooth chassis assembly for your sprint car.
Learn about AFCO shocks and the importance of shock performance while racing. See tips on how to adjust shocks to accommodate track conditions.