Tanks Inc 28EZ 1928-29 Ford Model A Apron Fill Saddle Fuel Tanks
28-29 Ford Model A, Custom Replacement Fuel Tank Style, Carbureted Fuel System Type, Black
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Upgrade the fuel system on your Model A with these specially made fuel tank kits for 1928-29 Fords. Easy bolt-on installation and quality poly construction make these fuel tanks the perfect addition to your street rod. The tanks simply bolt on along with your running boards. Then cut a 1-1/2" hole in your splash apron, install the included grommet and 1-3/4" diameter billet cap/plugs, and finally plumb and wire the tanks.
To fill your Model A saddle fuel tanks, remove billet cap/plug, insert fuel nozzle through grommet and into the push-thru cap. It will open to let fuel pass through. When finished, remove the fuel nozzle and the push-thru cap shuts. Now just insert the billet plug and you're finished.
- Includes 2 poly saddle fuel tanks
- Bolt on with running board brackets
- 6.5 gallon capacity per side
- Includes switchover valve to switch between left/right tank
- Requires two 5-bolt senders - not included
- Push-thru cap does not have to be removed for filling
- Works on Model A cars and trucks
- Each tank measures 38" x 7-3/4" x 9-1/2"
- 2.625" end of tank to center of fill cap
- 2" center of cap to inside edge
- 7.50" center of cap to outside edge
- The saddle tank design does not work well with fuel injection
Note: These are designed to work on original style frames and may not work with Speedways new model A frames.
Tanks will bolt to the outside of the frame and therefore, the original mechanical brakes can not be used in conjunction with these tanks.
E-Z Fill Instructions (PDF)
More Like This
1932 Ford Style Fuel Tank for 1928-31 Model A
Black Poly Fuel Tank, 12 Gallon, 10 x 36 Inch
Black Poly Fuel Tank, 6-1/2 Gallon, 8 x 30 Inch
Black Poly Fuel Tank, 13.5 Gallon, 10 x 40 Inch
Black Poly Fuel Tank, 7 Gallon, 8 x 33 Inch
Black Poly Fuel Tank, 10 Gallon, 10 x 30 Inch
EMPI 3895 Pol Stainless Steel Fuel Tank, 10x16 In., Center Fill, 5 Gal
EMPI 00-3796-0 Stainless Steel Gas Tank, 8 x 24 Inch, 5 Gallon
EMPI 00-3799-0 Stainless Steel Gas Tank, 8 x 33 Inch, 6.8 Gallon
EMPI 00-3800-0 Stainless Steel Gas Tank, 8 x 33 Inch, 6.8 Gallon
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back with Dave's 1951 Chevy Truck project to talk about the 1947-1954 Chevy Truck EFI Fuel tank available from Speedway Motors.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks built a 1952 Chevy truck in celebration of the 65th anniversary of Speedway Motors. Check out the short video on one of the products used in the build.
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, we've decided to ditch the old tank, lines, and pump in favor of a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!