TREMEC TUET11010 Ford T56 Magnum 6-Speed Manual Transmission
T56, 6-Speed Transmission Speeds, 700 ft./lbs. Torque, 26 Input Shaft Spline Count
Since debuting in Dodge's ultra exotic Viper sports car in 1992, the T-56 6-speed manual transmission has become one of the most celebrated manual transmissions ever to hit the automotive industry. A highly versatile, smooth-shifting brute of a gearbox, it has repeatedly proven its worth in a variety of factory supercars, as well as in its racing efforts all around the globe. The Tremec T56 Magnum (a beefed version of the original T-56) offers true double-overdrive for the ultimate blend of performance and unbelievable fuel economy. The Tremec T-56 Magnum is a modern day favorite at an exceptional value. The T56 Magnum is an aftermarket version of the "TR-6060" transmission found in many of today's most celebrated factory super cars – including the ZR1 Corvette and ACR Viper – giving you refinement where you want it and strength where it counts.
- Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road-racers, and more
- Fits Ford engine applications (bellhousing not included)
- Reasonably light at 135 lbs. dry
- 700 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- 7 O'clock cable fork provisions for mechanical clutch release
- Includes reversible die-cast aluminum shifter for smooth, positive shift action
- Incredibly short, extremely low-effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
- Built-in mid-shift provisions under inspection cover for simple, pain free mid-shift conversions*
- Dual speedo pick ups to accommodate both electric and mechanical type speedometers
- Triple cone synchronizers on gears 1-4, double cone synchronizers on gears 5-6, as well as reverse
- 26 spline input / 31 spline output
- 2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, .80, .63 gearing
- 27.96" Casting length from tranmission front face to tail
Notes*TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. From the factory they are configured as a rear shift. To change the location, you must purchase a mid shift kit (sold separately). The rear shifter location is then capped off with a plate provided in the kit.
More Like This
Q & A
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Shifter Assembly.