Steel Power Steering Box Adapter Fitting 11/16-18 IFM/-6 AN, 65-79 GM
Universal Fit, Male (IFM) Inverted Flare Style, -6 AN Male Fitting End A, .29" Hole Diameter
- This adapter fitting is commonly used to adapt power steering boxes to AN 6 connections
- 11/16"-18 inverted flare male on one end and AN6 male on the other
- Inverted flare fittings are used on most GM power steering boxes 1977 and older
- Metric thread O-ring fittings are used on later model GM power steering boxes 1978 and newer
- Zinc plated for corrosion resistance
Steel 11/16"-18 IFM power steering box to -6 AN hose adapter fitting.
Note: Inverted flare are used on most GM steering boxes through 1977. O-ring fittings are used later model GM metric boxes from 1978-up.
Item DetailsFits most 1965-79 GM power steering boxes with flare fittings.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Dick from Koul Tools shares a tip on how to properly seat the AN fittings using the Koul Tools device.
Learn how to use Koul Tools for your AN Hose Assembly with our video guide. Koul Tools make it easy to install a braided rubber hose into the AN fitting socket.
What fittings should you use with your brake or fuel system? What does AN and NPT stand for? All of these questions plus more will be answered in Speedway Motors' latest article about fasteners!
Follow this guide to see how Jeff upgrades his power steering system. Learn how to cut and assemble a -6 AN hose and fittings for optimal connection to the power steering pump.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.
Learn how to install an external Transmission Cooler, to help keep the temperature of your transmission consistent.
How to prevent blowing a motor by keeping up with you weekly maintenance routine. Charles reviews how to install oil pressure and water temperature gauges to help prevent issues while racing.