Speedway Motors SBC Driveline Kit, TREMEC TKX, 500 HP
Universal Fit, 5-Speed Transmission Speeds, 600 ft./lbs. Torque, 26 Input Shaft Spline Count
- Complete TKX 5 speed transmission kit is perfect for hot rods and muscle cars looking for a stout transmission upgrade
- Fits small block Chevy 305 and 350 engines 1986 and newer with 1 piece rear main seal
- Simplify the buying process with this complete bolt on kit
- Add a transmission crossmember to fit your vehicle for ultimate install ease
- Custom length drive shafts are also available to finish off the project
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
We understand how valuable your time is - there just never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished. That is why we have decided to do the hard work for you by putting together these complete driveline kits to simplify your shopping experience and save you valuable time and money! We poured over countless transmission options and associated parts and pieces, finally narrowing down the best combination to finish your drivetrain install and really move your project out of the shop and out on to the open road!
This kit features the proven Tremec TKX 5-speed transmission, which can handle up to 600 lb-ft. of torque. Widely known as the most popular and versatile 5-speed transmission in the industry, the TKX features multiple shifter locations and dual speedometer pick ups to fit into nearly any project. The 3-rail internal shift mechanism provides a solid, stout shift throughout any gear.
- (1) TREMEC TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission
- (1) Super Street Pro Clutch Kit
- (1) Lakewood SBC Trans Adapter Bellhousing
- (1) SBC 168 Tooth Billet Flywheel
- (1) GM Stock Clutch Hydraulic Throwout Bearing
- (1) ARP Flywheel Bolt Sets
- (1) ARP Pressure Plate Bolt Set
- (1) Speedometer Harness
- (1) Reverse Light Wiring Harness
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission
For the development of the new transmission, TREMEC engineers took a forward-looking approach to finding the best and most efficient solution. This included universal packaging, excellent shifting performance, and extreme durability.
The end result is superior shift-ability with smooth shifts at high RPMs through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings. At the same time, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance is optimized with a gear layout to best control stress levels, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed, 3-piece aluminum housing. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.
Whether restoring or upgrading a classic muscle car or a 1930s-era roadster coupe, the new TREMEC TKX 5-speed RWD manual transmission delivers a top-quality drivetrain solution.
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs.
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels. All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Gear Ratios
- 1st - 2.87, 2nd - 1.89, 3rd - 1.28, 4th - 1.00, 5th - 0.68, Reverse - 2.56
Super Street Pro Clutch Kit
- Rated up to 550 horsepower
- SFI approved
- 1-1/8" x 26 spline
- For 1955-83 GM
- Organic/Ceramic Clutch Disc
- Includes throwout bearing & pilot tool
Lakewood SBC Trans Adapter Bellhousing
- Excellent choice for Street Rods, Street Machines, or Trucks
- Does not include or accept an engine block plate
- Steel Construction
SBC 168 Tooth Billet Flywheel
- 168 tooth
- SFI 1.1 certified
- Manufactured from billet steel
- Heat treated gear
- CAD Engineering
- CNC machined
- Includes removable weight
What's In The Kit
Chevy Hydraulic Throwout Bearing, GM Release Bearing Stock ClutchPart # 91025610Qty x 1
ARP 200-2802 Chevy Flywheel BoltsPart # 1012002802Qty x 1
ARP 130-2201 Chevy Pressure Plate BoltsPart # 1011302201Qty x 1
Lakewood 77-150 Chevy Engine/Manual Trans Steel BellhousingPart # 55077150Qty x 1
TREMEC TCET17805 TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission, GM MountPart # 91029046Qty x 1
TREMEC 9114 Electric Speedometer Harness for GM TKO TransmissionPart # 910700021Qty x 1
TREMEC 9119 GM Reverse Light Wiring Harness, TKO-600 TransPart # 91070019Qty x 1
Speedmaster 1-229-011 168 Tooth Billet Flywheel, Chevy 350Part # 2561229011Qty x 1
McLeod 75221 Super Street Pro Clutch Kit, 11 In, Chevy 1-1/8 x 26Part # 51575221Qty x 1
Q & A
Project Chevelle has come a long way, from humble stocker to respectable muscle car. Today we step back and talk about our favorite moments and best upgrades so far.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.
What good is it having an old car if it's just going to sit in the shop and look pretty? Follow along as Project Chevelle heads out in pursuit of adventure and bug splatters on the 2018 Street Rodder Road Tour!