Speedway Heavy Duty Gasser Straight Axles, Chevy Spindle
Universal Fit, Chevy/GM Stock Spindle Style, Solid Tube Straight Axle Style, 2" Tube O.D.
- They are available in 44, 46, 48, 50 and Custom inch widths for Chevy spindles
- Axles are ideal for serious drag cars and heavier vehicle applications like 1955+ trucks and 1955-63 Chevy’s
- They are 28% stronger, 19% stiffer, and 28% heavier
- Has a .375” wall thickness, and 1026 DOM steel tubing (std axle is .25” wall)
- Highly recommended for off-road / drag race applications
One for show, One for go. Speedway brings to market a heavier duty application of their popular gasser axle selection. When your gasser tribute car has gotten a bit out of hand on your ¼ mile slips, you may want the added assurance that a stronger 3/8” thick wall axle provides. Available in 44, 46, 48, 50 and Custom inch widths for Chevy spindles, these axles are ideal for serious drag cars and heavier vehicle applications like 1955+ trucks and 1955-63 Chevy’s. A 28% improvement in strength will give you the added insurance that when the light turns green you can hang your hoops without worry.
- Fits modified 1949-1954 Chevy spindles, 91032100
- 28% stronger, 19% stiffer, 28% heavier
- .375” wall thickness, 1026 DOM steel tubing (std axle is .25” wall)
- Recommended for off-road / drag race applications
- No drop, straight axles only available
*Note- the 50 Inch axle is 7.65 lbs heavier than a standard axle.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1949-1954 Early Chevy Car Straight Axle
Speedway Heavy Duty Gasser Straight Axles, Ford Spindle
Plain Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Ford Spindle
1928-1948 Ford Straight Axles
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Chevy Spindle, 6 Inch Drop, Plain
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Chevy Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Plain
Spring Behind Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop, Plain
4-Bar 4 Inch Drop Tube Axle for Ford Spindle, 48 Inch Wide
Spring Behind Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Chrome
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Chevy Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Chrome
Q & A
To get the nose-up drag car look that we wanted for our Week to Wicked Nova project, we used one of our Gasser Axle kits. These bolt on in place of the stock front clip and instantly transform the car, making it look like it rolled right out of the 60's!
Our stock 1967 Chevy II Nova rolled into MotorTrend Group's Santa Ana Tech Center this morning and we won't sleep until it's 1960's drag strip ready!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.