Universal Fit, Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type
Comes as a Kit
|MFG. Part #||91047054|
Looking for a budget-friendly, rock-solid foundation for your custom rear suspension? Look no further. Our fabricated steel Ford 9 inch axle housings feature all-new, USA-made components for maximum durability. It’s an evolution of the rugged and reliable 9 inch Ford platform.
Designed with the Builder in Mind
This housing is pinion-centered with differnt length axle tubes, side-to-side. So driveline alignment is much easier. Unlike factory stamped housings, these fabricated plate-steel center sections provide a wide, flat surface for easy bracket attachment. Note that the pinion-centered design will offset the pumpkin about 1" to the driver side.
Axle tubes are 3” O.D. with a 3/16” wall thickness. Heavy-wall tubes, along with a larger center section, significantly reduce distortion during welding of rear-link brackets or spring pads. Billet steel “New Big Ford” (Torino) style bearing ends are fixture-welded (3.150” O.D. bearing, with 2.50” axle flange offset).
Improved Design for Greater Durability
In addition to the heavy-duty bearing ends, the axle tubes are supported with bracing inside the large center housing. This reduces flex in the rear end housing, which is something you won’t find on stamped factory 9 inch housings. Plus, gears stay well-lubed and run cooler thanks to a large-capacity fabricated center (holds more gear oil than stamped housings). Axle is vented on the driver’s side.
Yet, with improved durability, our fabricated axle housing is on average 2 pounds lighter than stock style housings of the same size! Add your choice of axle shafts and third member (sold separately), and you are ready to roll. Equip your race car, hot rod or 4X4 with Ford 9 inch parts from Speedway Motors to ensure there are no weak links in your driveline combination.
Total wheel-to-wheel mounting surface width is 54" (from hub-to-hub). The pinion is centered in the housing, which puts the pumpkin 1" offset from center, requiring different length axle shafts. For this 54" housing you will need one 28-5/8" long axle and one 24-1/4" long axle. This housing includes (8) T-bolts for the axle bearing retainer plates and (10) studs for the third member.
Forged Steel Axles
Our improved axle housings deserve equally strong axles to drive your street machine. Two custom cut Currie axles made of heat-treated 1541 forged alloy steel have the strength to handle the horsepower. Axles are 31-spline, with pressed on bearings and include axle shafts, axle bearings, axle seals, and bearing retainers. Flanges are dual-drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" Ford/Mopar and 5 on 4-3/4" GM wheel bolt patterns, and include two sizes of wheel studs (1/2"-20 Ford/Mopar and 7/16"-20 GM).
- Made in the USA fabricated steel center section
- 3" O.D. axle tubes with 3/16" wall thickness
- Axle tubes are internally reinforced for additional strength, less flex
- Billet steel "New Big Ford" (Torino) style bearing ends
- Forged 1541 Steel axle, dual drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" Ford/Mopar and 5 on 4-3/4" GM wheel bolt patterns.
- Accepts brake kits for 2.50" axle shaft flange offset (from housing flange)
- Housing measures 49" from flange-to-flange
- Assembled rearend measures 54" from hub-to-hub (axle flange face-to-face)
- Axles are 24-1/4” & 28-5/8” in length
- Improved housing design weighs approximately 2 lbs less than stock-style fabricated housings
- Centered pumpkin w/ 1" offset pinion yoke for easy suspension mock-up
- Greater-than-stock capacity center section holds more gear oil and runs cooler
- Requires different length axle shafts, left/right
- Includes vent on driver side axle tube
- Includes studs for 3rd member and 3/8” T-bolts for bearing retainer plates
|MFG. Part #||91047054|
|Ring Gear Size||9 Inch|
|Bolt Pattern||Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75"|
|Wheel Studs Included||Yes|
|Sold in Quantity||Kit|