Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 54 Inch Width
Ford 9", 54" Overall Width, 3" Tube O.D., Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Looking for a budget-friendly and rock-solid foundation for your custom rear suspension? Look no further. These fabricated steel Ford 9" rearend housings feature all-new components for maximum durability. This housing is pumpkin-centered, which will offset the pinion yoke about 1". This is done to make fabricating a triangulated 4-link system much easier. Simply weld on your preferred brackets and add the axle shafts and 3rd member of your choice (sold separately), and you have yourself a rolling chassis!
Total wheel-to-wheel mounting surface width is 54" (from hub-to-hub). The pumpkin is centered in the housing, which puts the pinion 1" offset from center, requiring different length axle shafts. For this 54" housing you will need one 27-5/8" long axle and one 25-1/4" long axle. This housing includes (8) T-bolts for the axle bearing retainer plates and (10) studs for the third member.
- New fabricated steel center section
- New 3" O.D. axle tubes w/ 3/16" wall thickness
- Axle tubes are internally reinforced for additional strength
- New billet steel "New Big Ford" style bearing ends (a.k.a. bearings w/ 2.50" axle shaft flange offset from housing flange)
- Housing measures 49" from flange-to-flange
- Assembled rearend measures 54" from hub-to-hub (a.k.a. axle flange face-to-face)
- Centered pumpkin w/ 1" offset pinion yoke
- Requires different length axle shafts, left/right
- Includes studs for 3rd member and T-bolts for bearing retainer plates
- 3rd member stud nuts/washers not included/available as # 919-0916
- Includes vent on driver side axle tube
- 3rd member sold separately
- Ford 9" Axle
More Like This
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 60 Inch Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 56 Inch Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 58 Inch Width
Reclaimed Ford 9 Inch Grand National Rearend Axle Housing
Ford 9 Inch Rear End Axle Housing, 54"
Competition Engineering C3405 9 Inch Ford Axle Housing Brace
Tri 4-bar '32 Ford 9" Housing
Speedway Stamped Center Grand National Housing, IMCA Approved
9 Inch Ford Housing with Metric Brackets, 60 Inch Hub-to-Hub Width
9 Inch Ford Housing with Metric Brackets, 60-3/4 Inch Hub-to-Hub Width
Q & A
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.