Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 60 Inch Width
Ford 9", 60" Overall Width, 3" Tube O.D., Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Looking for a budget-friendly and rock-solid foundation for your custom rear suspension? Look no further. These fabricated steel Ford 9" rearend housings feature all-new components for maximum durability. This housing is pumpkin-centered, which will offset the pinion yoke about 1". This is done to make fabricating a triangulated 4-link system much easier. Simply weld on your preferred brackets and add the axle shafts and 3rd member of your choice (sold separately), and you have yourself a rolling chassis!
Total wheel-to-wheel mounting surface width is 60" (from hub-to-hub). The pumpkin is centered in the housing, which puts the pinion 1" offset from center, requiring different length axle shafts. For this 60" housing you will need one 30-5/8" long axle and one 28-1/4" long axle. This housing includes (8) T-bolts for the axle bearing retainer plates and (10) studs for the third member.
- New fabricated steel center section
- New 3" O.D. axle tubes w/ 3/16" wall thickness
- New billet steel "New Big Ford" style bearing ends (a.k.a. bearings w/ 2.50" axle shaft flange offset from housing flange)
- Assembled rearend measures 60" from hub-to-hub (a.k.a. axle flange face-to-face)
- Housing measures 55" from housing flange-to-housing flange
- Centered pumpkin w/ 1" offset pinion yoke
- Requires different length axle shafts, left/right
- Includes studs for 3rd member and T-bolts for bearing retainer plates
- 3rd member stud nuts/washers not included/available as # 919-0916
- Includes vent on driver side axle tube
- 3rd member sold separately
- Ford 9" Axle
More Like This
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 54 Inch Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 56 Inch Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 58 Inch Width
Reclaimed Ford 9 Inch Grand National Rearend Axle Housing
Ford 9 Inch Rear End Axle Housing, 54"
Competition Engineering C3405 9 Inch Ford Axle Housing Brace
Tri 4-bar '32 Ford 9" Housing
Ford 9 Inch Rear End Housing, 58"
Speedway Stamped Center Grand National Housing, IMCA Approved
9 Inch Ford Housing with Metric Brackets, 60 Inch Hub-to-Hub Width
Q & A
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
We will show you the differences among traditional I-beam and tube axles and suspension designs used on hot rods; the differences between cross and traditional steering, measuring for springs, what spindles to choose, and much more.
Dive into some of the history and unique differences between Ford and Chevy spindles for a solid front axles and what will perform best on your hot rod.
Speedway Motors employees are committed to helping customers, as well as working on their own projects during down time. Follow along as our employee, Zach, rebuilds a 10 Bolt.